Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

you know you own a 420a when...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Default you know you own a 420a when...

I saw this list on another site and though it was funny

You know you own a second gen non turbo when...

-you can go fast enough to lose a door cap
-You get nervous/scared when the Check Engine light goes off...
-Your defense to guys with 2g 4g63's is that at least you don't have to worry about crankwalk
-You got the car because of its looks and you didn't care about having a fast car then realized just how slow it really was and turbocharged it so you wouldn't get beat by everything else on the road
-When you can tell how cold it is outside by the rattles INSIDE the car.
-When your on a first name basis with the guys at all the local part stores
-If you've ever answered the question "hey is that thing turboed?" "No, not yet..."
-When 4g63'ers walk up to you after you come in from a track session and ask "Ok what the **** is in that thing?".
-When you're sick and tired of explaining to DSMers that a "super" 16g is in fact, bigger than a "big" 16g.
-When you have more Ford parts than Mitsubishi parts in your engine compartment.
-When people run up to you at DSM meets to ask where you got the badass t-shirt, and you just smirk at them and ask them if they have a 420a.
-When you've blown more headgaskets than all the crankwalked cars in your state combined.
-you can say, "we're slow and we're proud."
-you cuss at people that ask about a 4g63 swap
-you've explained over a thousand times... the fact that our cars have a chrysler engine in them and the turbo cars have the mitsu engine.
-when you've walked into the nearest chrysler dealership in town and owned them on what tranny is in the 97 talon, and therefore realize that you know more about your car than the dealership does.
-told somebody that your engine has parts from five different cars running it... and laughed at they're stare of confusion
-You secretly consider yourself a MOPAR guy
-You don't step on the gas on hard right-hand corners
-You're starting to think the 4G63 guys were right when they said "sell it and buy a turbo".
-You turbocharged and MegaSquirt'ed your N/T, then started telling 4g63 guys to "sell it and buy a 420a".
-you're still on here after sellin your 2g nt over 3.5 years ago....
-you have corbin's homepage and writeup's in your favorites....
-you know how to spell kaptainmyke properly
-you sit down one day, tally up all the money you've put into your car, and think to yourself "why the hell didn't i buy a gsx long ago?"
-that riced out integra/civic gives you a run for your money.
-you watch cars infront of you drive through puddles when it's raining so you know how deep they are.
-you keep more tools in the hatch than you do in the garage
-you've bought stock parts off GST's for upgrades
-everyone and their mother revs at you.
-When someone goes for a ride in your car they ask "whats that noise"... you reply with "which one?"
-You honestly at least looked up doing a 4G63 Swap when u didnt know any better
-You have a bucket of bolts from working on your car that you have no idea where they came from but you know they came off your car somewhere
-Where somewhere on your car you have some standard (non metric) bolts holding something together
-When you realized a couple years later that you made a huge mistake of buying a 420a
-When you dropped a couple of grand of mods on your 420a and your car still dynos at less than 200 whp and now new cars start having 300 Hp like nothing stock
-When your car looks like it can tear up the street but you know your Moms camry will blow you away
-When your friends don't really like riding in your car cuz it shakes or makes too many noises while driving but you assure them its normal
-When you have tried looking for performance or replacemnet parts on ebay with the keyword "Neon" or "Mopar"
-You have had to at least show 10 people the Chrysler symbol on your motor to prove them wrong
-When a newb asks "I wanna go fast and i have $X.XX, what should i do?" All you do is shake your head and feel bad for them, cuz you don't want to upset them with the truth
-When you are driving and you smell a mix between gas, oil, and coolant you know everything is running ok
-You know you made a big mistake when more than 75% of the old school 2g nters have some thing like this in their signature "1998 Eclipse GS - SOLD"
-when your oblivious to the strange looks you get when you ask the guy at the parts store if they have the part you need for a 95-99 eclipse, 95-99 talon, 96-98 Avenger, or a 96-98 Sebring coupe...
-You call the chrysler dealer in town first when looking for parts becuase you know the mitrubishi dealer is going to have to order them.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Default RE: you know you own a 420a when...

lol. thats funny. I almost bought a 420a eclipse too.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:11 PM

lol

Old 09-21-2006, 01:48 AM

not bad slow...not bad

Old 09-21-2006, 02:17 AM

You're starting to think the 4G63 guys were right when they said "sell it and buy a turbo".

i love this one. i know a guy that went from his turbo 420a that kept fallen apart, to his now 430whp gsx

Old 02-17-2008, 05:19 PM

to funny lol.... at the same time made me sad cause i own a 420a lol.but gsx will be here in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .=-]

Old 02-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Rob
Banned

Thread revival at its finest.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:56 PM

i feel soooo identified...

*Edit: lol i didnt notice this is a 06 thread hahaha

Old 02-17-2008, 07:57 PM

that's so funny, once i bought my gst, i was like, dude they were right, shoulda sold the gs long time ago
that sh**s too funny, i love it

Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM

I knew I remembered this a long time ago..

Quick Reply: you know you own a 420a when...