PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Engine Code P0171

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Default RE: Engine Code P0171

What is with you and injectors? lol... Evo3 big 16G, but theyre all relatively the same arent they. That would all go fine with an auto. You just really wanna use that fuel rail dont you?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:12 PM

if i go with the Evo 3 16g would i have to get bigger injectors or would the stock ones still work. i dont want to have my car running on lean conditions. I will probly use that fuel rail because i am going to be putting in some gauges and one of them will be a fuel pressure guage so it already has a spot for me to put it on there.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 PM

The E316G is your best bet in that lineup.
This FAQ has a perfect explaination of this turbo and a fuel setup.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_125438/tm.htm

Auto tranny...it all depends on it's current shape. That also goes for the motor. Do not mod your motor is your motor hasn't had a current tune up. In other words, if your car is missing here and there, if your car has a rough idle, if your car...blah, blah, blah....don't mod it until your car is in better condition. This is also a reason to do a compression check, a boost leak (it's always a good time to do this). Just use your common sense, don't rag out an already ragged out motor.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 98gstspy

if i go with the Evo 3 16g would i have to get bigger injectors or would the stock ones still work. i dont want to have my car running on lean conditions. I will probly use that fuel rail because i am going to be putting in some gauges and one of them will be a fuel pressure guage so it already has a spot for me to put it on there.
When you upgrade your fuel system, I only hope, you get an AFPR also. When you do this, the AFPR will have a spot for a fuel pressure gauge. That's where you want one, so that you can monitor pressure at this point in the line. So, that reason really isn't a good one. The true reason is that you have it, why not use it? That in itself is a good enough reason....see, that's why you don't just buy things because you see them in turbo mags
You've got a turbo car, IMO, don't bling it. It's made for power and can be made to put out more power. If you want to bling an Eclipse, buy a cheap GS/RS and bling it....no offense to our GS/RS members

Old 03-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Default Lean code

Ok so I bought a short ram intake pipe for my outlander and I had to modify it to fit my map sensor on it . So I installed it after that and it popped the Lean code . I've done some research and it pops eighther from the vacuum hose after the map sensor ( not good fitting , loose rubber grommet hose is in .) Or from the warm air from engine because I read that the cold air intake pipes that are put on away from engine bay suck in actual cold air and don't affect the map sensor . So my question is should I extend the pipe to front of grill or add shroud around it with a little scoop on hood or do I just need to take it off ?