For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

no rust AZ 1996 eclipse conv.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 10:53 AM
Default no rust AZ 1996 eclipse conv.

I don't have lots of time right now, but this is a great deal. I live in Harvard, Illinois which is north of Chicago about 1 1/2 hr. drive away from there. One of your "GENIUSES" on this forum thinks a lifter click that goes away in 60 seconds is an omen for engine failure within 120 miles ( his drive home). This high mileage car has had that same 60 sec. click for the last 51,000 miles and it runs fabulously. Anyhow, I have spent mucho money on this car to make it dependable for my daughter and she has used it and now outgrew it. since I haven't driven it but put 3,000 more into it supposedly keeping it fofr her old age, she doesn't care about it and I need space. otherwise its going to be my paint project and I will put a rebuilt motor in it. Yes, I'm asking a little more than book ($1,900) because of my receipts on major work done recently.
Its no rust, I have receipts for the timing belt repair done 3,000 miles ago (all moving parts and water pump replaced). I have a $2,000 receipt for the transmission (5 spd auto) rebuild 3,000 miles ago along with the motor mounts. The body has a broken front valance as shown in pics and video. No hidden bumper damage. Top is in great shape, no fabric leaks. l rear quarter scupper leaks a little into rear floor (just reposition the fabric "scupper" on the convertible top. Floor is good there too. I'd drive it as is (which I'm going to do this summer if no sale soon) and this winter I will paint it and prob. rebuild the motor and keep for my own enjoyment. Look at the craigslist ad and follow it to the you tube video. This is not a junk and should go to someone else who thinks this year body style is classic (I do). Don't ask the dumb question "is it the turbo" that so many" forum know it all's" ask without even reading the ad fully or comprehending it. sorry for the rant, the last kid who looked at this was particularly some internet expert and a real life idiot. selling a car that is special in any way (Selling a Corvette is something I will never do again, haha) can bring some bugs out of the woodwork as I'm sure many here know about. You guys that do KNOW cars I appreciate you. drop me a PM if you want this vehicle. To the idiot, the price went up only for you!
Thank you for your time and understanding... https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/c...896307589.html

Last edited by steamer97; 05-26-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Add price