For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

1997 Spyder Gs For Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Exclamation 1997 Spyder Gs For Sale!

I have a '97 spyder GS that I really don't want to sell, but for debt purposes I have to. Im looking to get $4,000.

I bought the car when it had 90,550 miles on it, it now has 112,000, oil changed every 3,000 miles, tire rotations every 6,000 miles, transmission fluid has been changed twice since i had it, fuel system has been fully cleaned (throttle body, fuel lines rails and injectors, and the valves and combustion chamber) all preventitive maintence has been taken care of. The person I had purchased it from had just put a new clutch in the vehicle, as well as a new flywheel. I am the 3rd owner of the car and it has been stored every winter since '97 (unless it was in florida). I have since made some slight modifications to the car. Under the hood I replaced the stock air filter box with a Weapon R cold air intake system. I liked it a lot because it has a nice little attachment off the front of the air filter that went into my front clip and forced air into the engine. The downside to the attachment is that it must be taken off the front of the air filter if it rains. Anothother add on is a Venom 400 series chip; it adds 25% more hp when the throttle is under heavy load. These two upgrades claimed to have increased my hp to 175 instead of 140. I have never had it on a dyno, but its debatable; although it definatly added torque, and decreased throttle lag by alot. I replaced my battery with an Interstate battery with slightly more juice, but still in the range my car can handle. The motor is super clean, no leaks and it doesn't burn any oil. ( I also work at a Oil Change Service Center, so i assure you it uses all the best valvoline fluids, and all of the general maitnence has been taken care of. ) I use Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic. I had my 'headers' painted jet black with 2,500 degree paint. I had one of the resonators taken out of the exhaust to allow more flow for the extra air comming in from the cold air kit. As far as the body goes, there are a few minor scratches, one pretty large one that is under the drivers sideskirt, as well as the standard bottom out scratches on the front clip. The top is in decent condition, but it is origonal. The rims are stock GS aluminum 16's and were powder coated gloss black. The tires are Nexen 5000's that are 215/40 16's and will need replacing within 15-20,000 miles providing they are properly rotated. I have the rear lights slighty tinted black, I liked the touch. Unfortunatly the entire radio system needs to be replaced. I had a sound system in the car, but it got wet from a bad trunk seal (which I replaced). The sub and amp got trashed, and the rear speakers blew and don't work anymore. Now it has the same after market deck that works when it wants to, but most of the time. And the front four speakers are sick of being the only speakers, if you catch my drift. All around the car is in good condition, I've had her at a few car shows and she definatly turns some heads and gets attention. If you have any questions please let me know,
My number is 616 848 5924, txt or call anytime, and if I don't answer im probably at work, so just leave a message.