For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

2.1 million color LED under car kit with 6 LED tubes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Default 2.1 million color LED under car kit with 6 LED tubes

I have a brand new plasmaglow 2.1 Million color undercar kit. This is the truck version so it has 2 extra LED tubes.

Here is the discription from plasmaglows website:

The PlasmaGlow 2.1 Million Color LED Under Car Kit utilizes the latest in 120 degree Wide Angle LED Technology for eye-catching features. The included Digital Control Box gives you the power to make your kit solid, scan, strobe, pulse with music, and more! The color of your kit and the 15 digital modes can be changed with the tap of your finger on the LCD Touch Screen Controller.
The universal car kit fits all vehicles and includes 4 LED Tubes, a Digital Control Box, a Dash-Mount LCD Touch Screen Controller and Display, and all installation hardware.

The tubes are 2-50" and 4-30"

I am thinking $200 shipped, obo
Ebay's price is $247
Plasmaglows price is $399.99

Email me theiss2200@yahoo.com
Located right outside Syracuse, NY

Old 09-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Update on location of sunroof drain tubes:

I have started cleaning/sanding/wirebrushing the 94 Montero frame as I want to paint it to prevent any future rust issues. While cleaning around the front right fender well, I decided to take the plastic inner fender out and see if there were any rust issues that needed attention:

I found the sunroof front drain tube, located behind this plastic panel, and in front of the door hinges:

Glad I pulled this panel off, since below the drain tube was over 2 inches of accumulated dirt and debris sitting on top the metal body panel: I was expecting to find some major rust action below this, but got "lucky" this time:

This is what came out of that spot, including an old wasp nest:

After cleaning, we have a perfectly new looking metal fender panel......whatever primer Mitsu used from the factory was doing its job and there was no rust whatsoever under the pile of muck:

Here are the screw clips that hold the plastic inner fender in place. Most are plastic phillips screws that go into the clip, and the heads will strip out if you are not careful. Also, some need to be pryed a bit outward as you screw to get the sucker to come out. Im gonna try to order new ones to have on hand.

Pic after cleaning the area: Notice at the very top is a black "horn-looking" cylinder in front of the headlight washer resevior. It has about a 2-3 inch dia opening, and appears to be the air intake going to the engine airbox/air filter. With the plastic fender liner in place, it seems to me that the air intake is pretty restricted.....has anyone else seen this and opted to drill out another air intake to the air filter box?

Close up of that "horn-shaped" air intake:

Old 09-12-2019, 08:07 PM

So, for anyone wanting to keep their Montero a long time, and to prevent rust issues, I would recommed removal of these inner fender panels so you can clean out that area below the sun roof drain hoses......get to it soon enough, and no damage will be done.

You also have access to the turn signal lights......but I checked the owners manual and found that the light assemblies come off from the front with one screw and a large retaining spring.

The antenna motor appears to be pretty easy to get to also: right above the sun roof drain tube, and below the washer motor: