For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

Want to buy, spare and tools

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Default Want to buy, spare and tools

I have a '97 GS-T and I thought I could go to a wrecking yard and grab a spare and the tools but I spent 4 hours today and only found a jack, the only thing I already have, I need the tool set for the jack and lugs and from what I understand, for the GS-T, is it a larger spare tire like a 16" rim instead of a 15"? Let me know if the tire size is true and cost and shipping to 98338, Graham, Washington, tire and tools. E-mail me too, sometimes I am off the web for a week at a time, so don't get in a panties in a bunch if I do not write back the next day. One other thing I could use is the rear cover for the back seat bolt closest to the driver's side door. Color not a problem, I can dye it.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Default RE: Want to buy, spare and tools

There's a tool set for the 3gen Eclipse on ebay for $40 shipped.
I don't know for sure if the lug nut bar will work for the 2G's but you already have one anyway. You just need the scissor jack and the rod with the hook on one end (that's the part that goes into the jack opening used for turning the large bolt).
The jack that you have, does it have a slot in the middle? That's where the other end of that rod (with the hook) goes to help turn the jack.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:51 PM

I do not have the lug wrench or tools, only the jack, and the jack has a flat tab with a hole in it and I'm sure it is the right one.
Does anyone know if the spare tires are different on the GS-T verses the other types of the same style?

Old 05-27-2007, 06:40 PM

Ooops, for some reason, I was thinking that you had the lug wrench even though you clearly state that you have the JACK, lol. Sorry about that Oldschool.
That link to the tool set has it all though. I don't know how different the lug nuts are between the 2g and 3g. I couldn't imagine it being different since the 3g rims bolt right up to 2g cars (and 1G), why Mitsu would change the lugs out is beyond me.
Maybe Dusty can shed some light on that, since he's had both.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:27 AM

Looking at the picture, the jack seems to be the same one so the tools are probably correct. I cannot even bid on the thing at this time since I'm not at home but at a family reunion and my passwords are at home to even bid. The wording said to check with Mitsubishi to see what it fits.