Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

WTF Kinda Setup Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned
Default WTF Kinda Setup Is This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-b44IoZF4U

Anyone else see a problem here?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Default RE: WTF Kinda Setup Is This?

Yeah WTF is the MAS and stuff doing by the throttle body?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

He edited ^

Old 02-09-2008, 02:27 AM

that is strange... i have seen guys not have their filter on right after they finish putting their set-up together just to get that shot... he might have put it on after the fact... and the reason why the mas is way up by the throttle body is so he can do the whole "gm maft/ blowthrough" thing... so he can vent his bov without f-ing up his air/fuel ratio

Old 02-09-2008, 09:29 AM

dude when installing and test to see if all is well that is one thing you do. thats what we did when sinlgeing the RX7 left the filter off while starting the first few times

Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned

That made little sense...

Old 02-09-2008, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

That made little sense...
when have you ever done a turbo uprade dude? If something is wrong you whould like to know before it kills your motor. its not like its that bad so quite trying to be like OMG OMG look at the F'ing car it is in peices you know its not being driven that way. The only reason you dont see DSMs do it like this often is because of the MAF. but supras, RX7s every install I have ever seen has been done and startup tested just the same as this one. Hell some supras are Even on dynos like this (no IMO that is not the greatest idea.

your point in this thread by posting the video made little sencelol. I watched and also was thinking what is he talking about the blowthrew MAS?

Old 02-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned

Hes not using it just to test start the car.... hes running it like that so he can vent.

There is NO benefit

Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Hes not using it just to test start the car.... hes running it like that so he can vent.

There is NO benefit
So he can vent waht? dude you make no sence. I under stand the blowthrough is to vent. TEST starting with no filter is not so he can vent. Is he driving the car around town? not based on that video it doesnt even have a front end. when you frist do a big install on a car you carfully watch everything for a few minutes of course you wouldnt know that right? you never know what could go wrong. God forbit the turbine is stuck. your filter isnt ganna let you know that. if you dont find you then you will when your motor gets filled will scrapp. Its esspecially a good idea when buying used parts to do something like this. I rather know the turbo is bad before I need a motor too

Old 02-09-2008, 10:25 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=osF8e4EN6iw http://youtube.com/watch?v=pe1SzTxK1eg you know because the car sounds so healthy too so we should have just called it done and slapped everything together from here before even trying to start it

that was so he could vent too

Quick Reply: WTF Kinda Setup Is This?