Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

How to get a Gst to beat a camaro ss.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Banned
Default RE: How to get a Gst to beat a camaro ss.

I am glad you said you aren't here to start anything, because I was going to rip you one

Well, maybe he likes to go in directions other than straight

Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM

easiest way to beat a camaro and it doesnt cost anything. SLASH HIS TIRES

Old 05-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

Now isnt that a dumb thing to say....

Old 05-12-2008, 02:48 PM

yeah i'm good for those from time to time. it would be the eaiset way and i'm a path of least resistance.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
n/a

well he might run away on a curvy road. but speaking of that.
Does any one know were there's any auto cross track in ohio other then mid ohio road course(i cant think of the name right off hand)

Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

My brother used to Auto X in Cincy

Old 05-13-2008, 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Okay.

EVO III 16g. New they are 500 bucks, used about 350. - dead on. Be sure to get the real one and not the Chinese knockoff.

550cc injectors. Grab them off an EVO. Can get them as cheap as you can find them. - 650 or 660 if you can find them used...they will fair better than the 550s at WOT.

Intake. About 100ish - UICP hardpiping and a 1G throttlebody will help the 2g intake manifold flow faster. Don't forget to replace the stock air filter with and aftermarket cone and get rid of the achordian style compressor intake pipe with a smoother one...with recirc tube/pipe.

Exhaust. Get one used... who the **** knows what you can find one for. Get a full catback.. not a ****ing muffler. - Turboback with 3", or at least a 2.5-2.75" with the least amount of restrictions if possible, piping.

Apexi SAFC II. About 200 used. - you really do need this to control fuel

Wideband o2 gauge. They range in price. - really need this to tune...speaking of, you'll need a logger too.

Boost gauge. Again, they range in price. - these are going for $255 (AEM UEGO) new

Blow off valve. About 100 used. Recirculate it! - Get a 1G BOV for $50-ish

If you have any money left, get a front mount intercooler. - also suggested and it doesn't have to be huge (don't get that shiny ebay crap either...see Sebz note below). One that will flow at least 625cfm (too much air at one time = too much heat @ WOT, remember that the E316G flows 550cfm) but no more than 700cfm (pressure loss and overkill [bad] for the 16g, that's also just my suggestion)

Remember, no ****ing ebay ****. Unless its original, being sold by a 3rd party. - right on!

I saw the fuel pump, but I didn't see an aftermarket fuel regulator, you'll need that to prevent fuel overrun.

I used your list Sebz because it was already there, lol. Yeah, I got a bit lazy

If you really want to be sure, get a 50 trim, but don't expect to stay at or below $2k.
One more thing, if you have a stereo system under the hatch, ditch it. Biggest waste of money for a performance car, IMO. You're supposed to lose weight, not add on Leave your spare behind or in a buddy's car. If you have 18" wheels, swap them back out for the stock wheels. Chances are the stock ones are lighter than the aftermarket ones unless you specifically bought lightweight rims. Don't take a passenger, that'll keep out 140lbs to 1xx... of extra weight out of the car. Learn to shift correctly. I've seen too many people shift too early or too late that they are out of their power band. I hope you don't have a gawdy anti-aerodynamic kit on your car, those are for shows. Go with half a tank of gas and not top off...just remember to get fuel after the run, lol. Oh and go and leave a dump before you race, that's about 5lbs of dead weight right there!
And finally, take it to the tracks and video tape it for later review. After all, the money you spent to upgrade would be wasted if you wrap your car on a telephone pole or a tree. Plus, your parents would be pissed at you if you died because there wasn't safety personel around.
Ok, I'm off my

Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

The FPR was mentioned below that lol

Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 PM

Best thing I can think of is tie the Camaro to a tree with a chain. Cheaper than anything I've seen so far, except the slashing tires. I've shifted the stock '97 GST and done hard shifting and they feel like they are going to break from the torque and there aint that much. Can't possibly be good for that many races stock for the half shafts or tranny. If I thought they would last I'd take mine to the track. I'd race nearly anything at any time, at the track.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

See you can say that. Because you are big in the muscle car community lol.

Quick Reply: How to get a Gst to beat a camaro ss.