Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/street-strip-18/)
-   -   RSX TYPE S,wow didnt know (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/street-strip-18/rsx-type-s-wow-didnt-know-23279/)

Gstfat 11-06-2007 12:13 AM

RSX TYPE S,wow didnt know

so i was on the way to the hangout down here in miami(US27 down okeechobbe:Sunoco Gas Station)when im driving and my boy calls me whos behind me to tell me to race the type s(he brags so much about that car,hes a huge honda fan)and i said sure so i slowed down and waited for the acura,i was in high 3rd gear,im by myself and so is hei give him the nod and he beeps to 3 and we go,i rip him pretty good bout a car ahead of him the whole time,so he slows down and says lets go from a first gear roll and i say ok,so we go again and he took me by like half a car i was begining to catch up but he let off and so did i ,pretty sure it was stock but not too sure.what does that car run in the 1/4?oh yeah it was the new ones.if i put up my turbo to 15lbs.on the E316G with right mods such as fmic,550cc,safc2 etc.how much horsepower would i be looking at?

EMonz57 11-06-2007 05:06 AM

RE: RSX TYPE S,wow didnt know

Your car can ru more boost with your mods. your prob at like 250HP at 15lbs where 20lbs will be like closer to 300 I bet. The stock type S runs a mid 14 stock I belive and can hit high 13s very easily with a few bolt ons and hondata

dsm1990gsx 11-07-2007 07:50 PM

I searched on yahoo, car and driver mag test drove one and it went 14.9 in the 1/4, but that was an 05 model year.

Gstfat 11-08-2007 11:41 PM

i know im faster than that in the1/4 mile

TheAdvocate 11-11-2007 08:30 PM

There quick little cars.. Not really fast, but not slow by any means..

I had a 3.2 CL type S, and the thing was pretty quick... Sounds like a good race. Congrats.

EMonz57 11-12-2007 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

There quick little cars.. Not really fast, but not slow by any means..

I had a 3.2 CL type S, and the thing was pretty quick... Sounds like a good race. Congrats.

Obviously the 3.2 is quick. they are made to be quick luxo cars. They are V6 no? The RSX is only a I4 but they are not slow cars even though they are NA. Like I said they hit 13s pretty easy with bolt ons

TheAdvocate 11-12-2007 06:21 PM

ya, my 3.2 was a 6cylinder.. I had a lot of fun with that car.. Prolly the fastest car that ive owned that wasnt turboed..

But the type s on the rsx or the 3.2 i think is rated just about the same hp arent they?

OldSchool 11-12-2007 10:11 PM

If you guys want to race and pick up a little speed, throw your buddies out and race with a lighter car. If you are racing with you and a friend, and your apponent is alone, they have about a .2 second advantage already. (this is if your friends weight is around 175 to 200 lbs.)

nick_200321 11-13-2007 09:39 PM

he said they were both alone, so he didnt have buddies in the car haha