Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/street-strip-18/)
-   -   upgrade timeline (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/street-strip-18/upgrade-timeline-5341/)

RCJr9186 08-15-2005 10:26 AM

upgrade timeline

Hey everybody, im pretty new here, and im askin for your help. I have a 99 Eclipse GS 10th edition, and im looking for a mod timeline, i've already got my kit on it, CF hood, a decent system to hold me over, and im getting my dual exhaust done sometime next week. but after that... i have NO idea what to do next. so im looking for a timeline of mods to do to my car... what should i do????

Patrick 08-15-2005 03:06 PM

RE: upgrade timeline

what engine is in that? 420A?

RCJr9186 08-16-2005 11:01 AM

sadly, yes, i have a neon engine

Patrick 08-16-2005 11:21 AM

well, a friend of mine is currently building a race 420a, and its nothing to joke about...his is a heavily built 420a, mind you, with a s20g turbo, custom made FMIC, thermal exhaust, quiaffe differential, so on. right now he doesnt have the turbo motor in yet, but he does have the built differential, a bigger TB, CAI, STS, and a Zex 55 wet shot...and it runs 15.1s, which is pretty good...

as for your car, it really depends on what youd like to do. do you want a quarter mile monster, or soemthing that is more geared at the hard turns?

if you DONT want to spend the money on a forced induction system, i would look into a header, and maybe a high flow cat. do you live in a state with easy going emissions laws? i do understand that some people arent happy about having "the neon engine", but youre blessed in a way because alot of people make performance parts for the neons, so there is stuff for you as well.

on a side note, i would like to see more pictures of your car, perhaps in a free MitsubishiForum Gallery?

RCJr9186 08-16-2005 01:10 PM

i wish i knew more about cars, most of the things you said about your friends car is like a foreign language to me lol, sorry. im lookin for more speed than handling, a turbo isnt a question of do i? it's a question of when and which one? im lookin for more of, when do i get it? what do i need to do to the car before the turbo? what kind of exhaust, what kind of turbo? what brand? what PSI what stage? etc. i don't know much when it comes to this stuff. i know im gonnna end up switching transmissions also, but i duno which one to get, what brand pretty much all of the problems that i had with the turbo... also suspention, what suspention/springs to get, also my brakes. i know i want the race look! but im not looking forward to spending 1800 for the front, and 2000 for the back! but i guess if that's what it costs to get the look and performance im kinda stuck there huh?? these tips would be appreciated