Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

WRX Turbo vs. Eclipse GST

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Default WRX Turbo vs. Eclipse GST

nevermind.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:46 AM
Default RE: WRX Turbo vs. Eclipse GST

ORIGINAL: hkjewop

Well ok my friend owns a 2003 WRX. It's turboed, has HKS uppipe and downpipe and HKS exaust and bov. Mine is an all stock automatic GS-T. Well everyday after work he hassles me about racing him, so one day we go behind our work on a 2 lane street about a half mile long where no cops go down but its right off a main road. Since i'm automatic and stock he gave me about a car and a half headstart, which was a bad idea on his part becuase i smoked him I mean it wasnt even a race. I ended up winning by about 5 car lengths. Then he followed me to a street by my house, and he said he wasn't giving me a headstart again so we raced evenly. Wellhe got a little jump on me but i caught up/past him (i was a nose infront) then he popped it into 2nd and blew by me but i caught up then he shifted into 3rd was gone about 3-4 lengths ahead of me but by that time we were close to the stop light so we stopped and went our seperate ways.

Theres my story lol.
your friend sucks at driving.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Administrator

when you say that he has a turbo on a WRX, did he put a turbo on an NA impreza, or is it a WRX? they come turbo'd

Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 AM

Its a WRX, sorry i dont know to much about them. Alls i know is he has a way bigger turbo then me. I might have minimized on the head start he gave me.. it was dark and he said to that street light so i said ok.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:00 PM

03 wrx stock turbos arent that much smaller than yours depending on the generation of your gst yours might acutally be a little bigger. The wrx has a small turbo so it wont lag as much because of the AWD and that guy must not be able to drive cause i had a 5 speed 99 gst and i raced a wrx with simular mods of the one u raced and i had a intake and from a dig he killed me from a 60 kick he pulled about half a car not ragging just saying

Old 10-31-2005, 10:24 PM

When i first got my 98Gst i raced a wrx from a 15 mph roll we were next to each other but he shifted into 3rd and i kinda missed my shift (Mother F#$%er i hate that) and he sped a way but i think he could still had me easily if i hadnt screwed up.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:55 AM

Alright... I just came from the WRX side of car modification so you can trust what I say to you.
I had a 2004 WRX (which is a stock 2.0l Turbo [EJ20] with AWD... 227hp/217tq) with a turbo back exhaust, K&N air filter, and a more free flowing hoodscoop (to the TMIC). I had friends with modded STi's, and JDM spec WRX's with aftermarket turbos etc etc. The guy you raced had no idea what he was doing with that car... I hate to say it... but after a week of driving my 1999 GS-T I can surely tell you it is (stock) no match for even a LIGHTLY modded WRX... or hell, stock for that matter. I'm not bashing Mitsubishi so don't get me wrong... the WRX is just a badass car.
The uppipe that he had on that car would've helped spool the turbo a lot more AND taken out a cat making it waay more free flowing. That car would definitely take an EVO if the driver knew how to handle AWD... I'm sorry to say that your WRX driver did not.
A win is a win though, haha.

Jeff

Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: ToyMachineAr

Alright... I just came from the WRX side of car modification so you can trust what I say to you.
I had a 2004 WRX (which is a stock 2.0l Turbo [EJ20] with AWD... 227hp/217tq) with a turbo back exhaust, K&N air filter, and a more free flowing hoodscoop (to the TMIC). I had friends with modded STi's, and JDM spec WRX's with aftermarket turbos etc etc. The guy you raced had no idea what he was doing with that car... I hate to say it... but after a week of driving my 1999 GS-T I can surely tell you it is (stock) no match for even a LIGHTLY modded WRX... or hell, stock for that matter. I'm not bashing Mitsubishi so don't get me wrong... the WRX is just a badass car.
The uppipe that he had on that car would've helped spool the turbo a lot more AND taken out a cat making it waay more free flowing. That car would definitely take an EVO if the driver knew how to handle AWD... I'm sorry to say that your WRX driver did not.
A win is a win though, haha.

Jeff
all true points and i will agree however it would only take 03\04 evos 05\06s would eat it alive. now stock for stock the WRX IMO should win espeically if its from a stop vs a FWD GST. I havent lost a race from a stop yet in my EVO br=ecause I know how to work the AWD launch. point is the WRX owner sucks at driving.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:44 PM

190 to the wheels on a awd is not really anything to write home about. In a highway race I think it comes down to the driver, in a dig the wrx takes it from the gst. Either way it's apples and oranges. awd vs fwd

Old 01-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

yea the driver definetely can't race for ****. He should have even caught up to you when giving you that head start.

Quick Reply: WRX Turbo vs. Eclipse GST