Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Rear Shocks PHEV

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 06:49 PM
Default Rear Shocks PHEV

First time owner of a 2020 Outlander PHEV.
Purchased January this year - 31,000klms in fantastic condition.
I like almost everything about it - its ride is quite acceptable, it doesn't roll much in corners.
But two things I'd like to address -
- The steering is overly assisted and there's just no feedback. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried a castor kit?
- The car pitches over speed bumps and other similar short bumps - it kicks like a bucking bronco. I feel its the rear shocks and they feel much like they are single acting rather than double acting. I've not been able to find any after-market rear shocks for this vehicle. In Australia we have a GSR version Outlander which features Bilstein suspension. However, when I ring Bilstein they don't have any listing for it and when I ring Mitsubishi they can't help me unless I have part numbers or a GSR VIN.
Anyone assist me with either or both the above?

Last edited by ss2115; 05-16-2023 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2023, 04:04 AM

Try to find the part number by entering your VIN at https://partsouq.com/

Old 05-17-2023, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by daem0n
Try to find the part number by entering your VIN at https://partsouq.com/
I'm sorry but you didn't seem to understand. I don't have a GSR model - mine is the ZL Eclipse. However, as the Bilstein suspension of a GSR model got a good writeup and one could assume it to be better than the factory shocks, I wanted to buy it and put it in my Outlander Eclipse.
The problem is that Bilstein themselves don't have any part numbers or information on it and Mitsubishi of course know about it but they cannot provide me with part numbers to order it through a Mitsubishi dealer unless I can give them a GSR VIN number so they can look them up.
So giving them my Eclipse VIN is useless. It needs to be a ZL GSR VIN number.

Old 05-17-2023, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ss2115
I'm sorry but you didn't seem to understand. I don't have a GSR model - mine is the ZL Eclipse. However, as the Bilstein suspension of a GSR model got a good writeup and one could assume it to be better than the factory shocks, I wanted to buy it and put it in my Outlander Eclipse.
The problem is that Bilstein themselves don't have any part numbers or information on it and Mitsubishi of course know about it but they cannot provide me with part numbers to order it through a Mitsubishi dealer unless I can give them a GSR VIN number so they can look them up.
So giving them my Eclipse VIN is useless. It needs to be a ZL GSR VIN number.
I looked at https://partsouq.com/
It doesn't include Australian Outlanders.
So I tried both European and also South Africa (often same **** as Australia - at least in BMW's they are) but there is no Eclipse mode4l or GSR model. There is a Sport model but it only contains Engine and Electrical and no suspension at all. In fact I looked at a number of the models that were 2.4l and Plug in Hybrids and they were all the same. No suspension listed.