4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

Reverse camera hookup, now getting code P1751 for AT relay, where is it? 09 Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Default Reverse camera hookup, now getting code P1751 for AT relay, where is it? 09 Eclipse

I was running a wire from the reverse wire on the tail light to the Pioneer deck in order to get the reverse camera working. I had the deck pulled out, of course pulling on wires as it is a pretty tight fit.

It is now in the limp mode, reverse and 3rd gear, posting code P1751, open circuit for the Automatic Transmission Relay. I have looked all over for this relay, searched all over google but cannot locate it. I am sure I may have just pulled a wire somewhere but I have looked all over under the dash, under drivers seat, under glove box but cannot seem to locate it.

I also noticed that the small Circle Shift display that changed from R to D etc is just lit and no letter in it.

I thought maybe I could have shorted something out, checked the fuse box under the hood and all fuses are good, including the AT fuse. I haven't checked the fuse box under the dash, it is pretty hard to get at.

Can anyone help me locate this relay?
Or any ideas what wire I may have pulled on under there, or at the rear tail light for the reverse wire.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 PM

Found in the the Service Manuals, B15X is the relay. I guess tomorrow I can try trace the wires and meter them out.

Its in a narrow relay box in the engine compartment 3rd from the back.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Default Solved p1751 code

Fuse 3, operates the reverse lights and speedometer.
I hadn't driven it anywhere therefore I didn't realize that the speedometer wasn't working, the odometer didn't advance, the airbag warning light was on, and no Letters in the Gear Shift Circle.

Before that I tried pulling the negative battery post, trying swapping around the relays for the AT Relay. The electrical schematics lead you from the AT relay to the PCM, that code sure sends a person down a different path.