Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helpin a friend get back on the road... I need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Default Helpin a friend get back on the road... I need help

ok well i'm tryin 2 help my buddy w/ his 97 eclipse GST. i don't own 1 of these cars n' know nothing about em but have been building my 86 monte carlo for over a year now so have some experience.

The Car:
it's a 1997 Eclipse GST w/ a 16G turbo n' other "mods" lol ne way

Problem:
he told me he's havin problems w/ his clutch, seems to not be holding pressure (1min it works next it's out).

What he's got:
a stainless steel clutchline that goes off the solid brakeline leading from the master and from the brakeline to ss line goes to the slave cylinder. the car has a fairly new B&M master n' fairly newer slave cyl. he said somethin about it bein a Hydrolic clutch too if that means ne thing important???

i ask 1 of my mechanic buddies n' he told me the slave cyl. is bolted to the trans that pushes the clutch fork will have a line n' bleeder screw... bleed it n' check lines for leaks. lines were checked n' nothin seems to be wrong w/ the lines.

Other questions:
1) so if the lines aren't leaking n' all the **** is fairly new what could it be?

2) how much would the price range be to rebuild the slave cyl. (if need be) at home n' about how long of a job is it?

3) idk ne thing about these cars plus mines an automatic (no clutch) what does the slave cyl. connect to that could be shot? is that possible trans work or what?

thanks for the help
Nick

Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

the slave cylinder you just simply replace. The cost is just the part itself and labor time isnt too difficult. The worst part is having to bleed the system. Other than that its not to bad.

But a bad slave is a definite possibility for what your describing