Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to drop Endeavor glove box to replace cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Default How to drop Endeavor glove box to replace cabin air filter

Hello,
I've been surfing a couple of hours and still no results. Just joined this forum, hopefully someone can help. I have a 2004 Endeavor. Trying to replace the cabin air filter myself. Found a schematic showing procedure but can't get it to work. Pressed glove box door sides together to drop the door so 4 screws could be removed in order to drop the glove box. But I'm stuck at the next step. The diagram points to 'hook crochets' (2 left, 3 rt) , which are what must be keeping the box from dropping so I can replace the filter. I don't want to wreck anything....how do I release the 'hook crochets' so I can drop the box?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Default RE: How to drop Endeavor glove box to replace cabin air filter

This is me. I found the answer to my own question on another forum and am relaying the info in case someone here had the same question. (I didn't say so above, but first thing is to release the cord on the rt of the cubby). After doing the above, pull the bottom rt of the panel (don't try to pull the whole thing out straight). It will flex and the hook crochets will eventually release. Then 'jimmy' the left side until it too releases. If there was no previous filter there, you need to use a utility knife and cut out the 'cut out'. Score along the indentation until it pokes through, as it says on the manufact. directions, be careful not to let shavings fall inside. Then, insert the filter, wavy side up. Insert the cover (included with the filter) into the slot on the rt while inserting the edge of the filter in the slit in the cover (tricky but do-able). Close cover and the left side will snap shut. Reverse your take apart directions and voila!!