Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

04 Endeavor Please Help (2 Issues)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Default 04 Endeavor Please Help (2 Issues)

My ac stopped working (no cold air) had service and was told new compressor needed, replaced the compressor at dealer and it worked for a week (I guess until the freon leaked out). I was now told that I needed a condensor, had that done and same thing, worked for a week or so and then the same problem. What should I do next? What could it be?

Next issue.....My check engine light has come on and I seem to be going to fill up much more often...Could this be due to the recent recall that I have not had done yet as I just found out about?

Thanking you in advance,
Kevin

Last edited by kvsoxfan; 12-30-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 PM

you need to take your vehicle to a qualified shop. hopefully you didnt get this kinda sevice at a dealer. condensors leaking freon is pretty common on the endeavor. i havent seen any thing else on freon leaking that i can think of. you need to have the system recharged and have them put in some leak detector dye. this stuff is neon yellow and will be easily detected when searching for leaks. a qualified shop could easily diagnos this. as far as the check light, 02 sensor and evap codes are pretty common. need to have it scanned to see what it is. only recalls on the 04 is the shiftlock recall, and the fuel filler pipe inspection recall. if the fuel filler pipe is leaking you would smell gas all the time. and gas would run out on the ground when u filled up.