Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

New Endeavor Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Default New Endeavor Owner

Hello all!

I recently purchased a 2004 Endeavor LS AWD with about 94,000 miles on it. Overall it is a very nice vehicle and my only complaint so far is the CD player will not eject a disc correctly (I've heard numerous complaints about this in the past with Endeavors). I've already added a Curt towing hitch as well as a K&N air filter.

The main reason for my post is what should I be doing with the vehicle around this time in its life (9 years old, 94k miles) to ensure it lasts? I'm pretty mechanically inclined and I like to try and make proactive maintenance repairs before something goes wrong. I know that prior to my purchase 2 belts were replaced (Serp. belts according to auto zones part look up on the work order) but as far as I can tell the timing belt was not. I would assume a good starting point would be the timing belt, water pump, tensioner and pullies.

Also according to the carfax on it, the transmission was "overhauled" by AAMCO at around 77k miles. Don't know what that means entirely. Anyone have any experience with this? It seems to me that when going from coasting to back on the gas (as when you go around a curve) the trans does not seem to want to engage smoothly. I've also never had an AWD vehicle before so I thought maybe this could be an issue with that.

Finally with the trans, when the car is in park I can push it and it will roll for just a little bit before stopping, a little more so than just your average rocking while in park. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've been a member of many other forum sites for vehicles I owned previously (explorerforum.com and buickforums.com) and I've also done "How to" threads with pictures when doing repairs. I'm hoping that this forum will be a good resource as the others were. Thanks in advance and happy motoring!

Buff