Mitsubishi Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Turn off email notification for subscription?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Default Turn off email notification for subscription?

Anyway to disable email notifications for thread subscriptions? Each board is different, some let you, some don't.

I see the option at each post:

Notify me via e-mail when someone replies

Wouldn't mind having this turned off by default so I don't have to uncheck each post as I go.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turn off email notification for subscription?

there are two things you need to check. The first is your subsription settings. At the top of the page it says "my profile" Go there.

-Scroll down to the my prefference section to the subscription prefference. Then check the settings you would like.
- Once you have these set, on the same page at the top click on "my subscription"
- From this page make sure that every box is unchecked that way your not subscribed to any of the forums.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Default RE: Turn off email notification for subscription?

Found that previously, except it doesn't give me the option to not be notified(by email). I want to be automatically subscribed to the threadso I can click My Forums and see whats new, but not be notified by email everytime someone replies.

I can't tell which board this is running, but I know this was a missing feature/bug/flaw in older versions of vBulletin. On some forums, I have to use a bogus email address or a filter to stop the annoying reply messages. Other vBulletin versions I can disable email notification for subscription. I personally run phpBB myself, but thats a whole other ballpark with its own set of problems.