Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Where to get lifetime subscription to Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Arrow Where to get lifetime subscription to Sirius

Where can I buy a lifetime subscription to Sirius? I have been searching for it on the Sirius website and also did a google search nothing came up. Does anyone know where to get it and how much it cost?

Old 10-17-2010, 06:04 AM

I've never heard of a lifetime subscription. Give them a call.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 AM

i just got mine saturday its there you have to call and ask about cost $576

Old 10-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Default Satellite radio is history

Personally, after 3 yrs of subscription fees, I am canceling Sirius. With streaming music on my iPhone and a good data plan, I get far more free music than paying for Sirius.

:-)

PS: I wouldn't buy a lifetime plan. They will go belly up soon enough.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM

Make sure you read the fine print. I am pretty sure a friend of mine did this and the contract somewhere said "Lifetime of the radio". Just keep that in mind when you look into it. Most electronics last about 3-5 years at best.
Good Luck
Chekk6

Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Arrow I called in

I called in and purchased the liftime subscription for a complete cost of $616 now I have Sirius till the wheels fall off my truck

Old 10-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Look its for the life of the car if its a factory installed sirius unit. If its after market like one of the add on boxes(i.e. starmate or something) or like I have a pioneer radio with the sirius digital box than you can transfer it up to 3 times at $75 each transfer. If at anytiime you transfer to a factory installed siruis radio than thats it. So there ya go and dekodan what is your reasoning behind going belly up soon ?

Old 10-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Default Belly up? That's easy to explain

How about:

-Sirius traded at $8 highs and now trades in the $1 range while the stock market creeps towards new highs.

-Liberty financial had to bail them out of impending bankruptcy last year.

-The subscription base is shrinking with people realizing that you don't have to pay for this and actually get more choice.

-Blockbuster video vs Netflix? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

The world is changing and Sirius has no tricks left in the bag...

Sorry to say but it's only a matter of time.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy 25,000 free Internet stations. I was skeptical about the sound quality and the buffering but after about a month of testing, I am convinced I made the right move to cancel Sirius in my two cars and save a couple of hundred dollars a year. The sound is awesome and their are no cutouts on streaming radio through my iPhone and iPad.

Originally Posted by adam3250
Look its for the life of the car if its a factory installed sirius unit. If its after market like one of the add on boxes(i.e. starmate or something) or like I have a pioneer radio with the sirius digital box than you can transfer it up to 3 times at $75 each transfer. If at anytiime you transfer to a factory installed siruis radio than thats it. So there ya go and dekodan what is your reasoning behind going belly up soon ?

Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 PM

Well, Sirius could be not bad alternative for the places covered by sat but not cell (we have plenty of such places here in Ontario).
But anyway, it seems Sirius extinction is question of "when" not "whether".

Old 10-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Default Cell coverage

I thought about cell coverage. I am always in the Windsor to Quebec coverage area. No issues and when I truly have no 3G, the iPod works fine too :-). Yes indeed, it is not whether, it is just when...

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Well, Sirius could be not bad alternative for the places covered by sat but not cell (we have plenty of such places here in Ontario).
But anyway, it seems Sirius extinction is question of "when" not "whether".