Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

08 XLS Not using Sirius anymore.. I want to use the audio inputs from Sirius as AUX

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Default 08 XLS Not using Sirius anymore.. I want to use the audio inputs from Sirius as AUX

I posted this a long time back in another thread but was unable to get an answer...

I have an 08 XLS with NAVI and the Rear Entertainment System (RES). I use the AUX connectors on the back of the center console to plug in my iPhone/iPod for music. However, if the children are watching a DVD in the back, it overrides the sound. Therefore, the AUX is nullified.

I want an alternative AUX input. I thought that since I no longer subscribe to Sirius, I could use the left and right input for the Sirius tuner to be able to have an AUX.

Does anyone have the pinout from the Sirius tuner or the pinout on the back of the MMCS to know which pins are left and right from the Sirius?

If not, has anyone got an alternative AUX strategy?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM

I just checked the manual and it should be do-able. You will need to have a valid tuner installed and working (not subscribed).
Second Generation Outlander Stereo Wiring - Mitsubishi Wiki
See pins 5,6, and 15 on C-15. Just cut them and follow the tutorial on this forum to add an aux cable.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by ivanz
I just checked the manual and it should be do-able. You will need to have a valid tuner installed and working (not subscribed).
Second Generation Outlander Stereo Wiring - Mitsubishi Wiki
See pins 5,6, and 15 on C-15. Just cut them and follow the tutorial on this forum to add an aux cable.
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. The Wiki is cool. I think I will actually trace the wires back to the actual SAT tuner and splice in there.

I am grateful!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dekodan
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. The Wiki is cool. I think I will actually trace the wires back to the actual SAT tuner and splice in there.

I am grateful!
No problem, glad to help. Feel free to sign up and add content if you find any other info

Old 02-03-2012, 12:32 PM

since you dont use your Sirius anymore... do you want to give me the module?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by imallergic2broke
since you dont use your Sirius anymore... do you want to give me the module?
haha...no sorry. I probably need it for the MMCS to recognize the sirius "mode" so i can trick the inputs as my secondary AUX. Also, my vehicle will be more attractive to sell with Sirius than without.

:-)