Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   08 XLS Not using Sirius anymore.. I want to use the audio inputs from Sirius as AUX (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/08-xls-not-using-sirius-anymore-i-want-use-audio-inputs-sirius-aux-41557/)

dekodan 01-30-2012 02:25 PM

08 XLS Not using Sirius anymore.. I want to use the audio inputs from Sirius as AUX

I posted this a long time back in another thread but was unable to get an answer...

I have an 08 XLS with NAVI and the Rear Entertainment System (RES). I use the AUX connectors on the back of the center console to plug in my iPhone/iPod for music. However, if the children are watching a DVD in the back, it overrides the sound. Therefore, the AUX is nullified.

I want an alternative AUX input. I thought that since I no longer subscribe to Sirius, I could use the left and right input for the Sirius tuner to be able to have an AUX.

Does anyone have the pinout from the Sirius tuner or the pinout on the back of the MMCS to know which pins are left and right from the Sirius?

If not, has anyone got an alternative AUX strategy?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ivanz 01-30-2012 09:01 PM

I just checked the manual and it should be do-able. You will need to have a valid tuner installed and working (not subscribed).
Second Generation Outlander Stereo Wiring - Mitsubishi Wiki
See pins 5,6, and 15 on C-15. Just cut them and follow the tutorial on this forum to add an aux cable.

dekodan 01-31-2012 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by ivanz (Post 281043)
I just checked the manual and it should be do-able. You will need to have a valid tuner installed and working (not subscribed).
Second Generation Outlander Stereo Wiring - Mitsubishi Wiki
See pins 5,6, and 15 on C-15. Just cut them and follow the tutorial on this forum to add an aux cable.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. The Wiki is cool. I think I will actually trace the wires back to the actual SAT tuner and splice in there.

I am grateful!

ivanz 01-31-2012 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dekodan (Post 281047)
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. The Wiki is cool. I think I will actually trace the wires back to the actual SAT tuner and splice in there.

I am grateful!

No problem, glad to help. Feel free to sign up and add content if you find any other info :)

imallergic2broke 02-03-2012 12:32 PM

since you dont use your Sirius anymore... do you want to give me the module?:D

dekodan 02-05-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by imallergic2broke (Post 281154)
since you dont use your Sirius anymore... do you want to give me the module?:D

haha...no sorry. I probably need it for the MMCS to recognize the sirius "mode" so i can trick the inputs as my secondary AUX. Also, my vehicle will be more attractive to sell with Sirius than without.

:-)