Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2001 Montero Sport code P0305

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 PM

"Replace spark plugs and wires, valve cover gasket and plug seals"

thats what u need to do right there. its really not hard to do. get someone ( a friend ) that has done stuff like this before. go to an autoparts store, get the items listed above and have him show u how to do it urself. then u get it done for way cheaper and u learn how to do it urself at the same time

Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 PM

In the past I had a decent mechanic that would diagnose my car for free (unfortunately he moved) and give me a break down of parts and labor. I felt like he was honest and wanted to make a decent living and I wish I could find another mechanic like him.

On the other side when I go to a dealership they charge me $100 diagnosis fee before they even know my name. Last time I went to a dealer they diagnosed my car in 10 minutes. Put in a new battery. Charged me $200 for a piece of crap battery and a diagnosis. I felt jipped and it left a bad taste in my mouth for dealership repair shops.

If it were anything but a check engine light I probably wouldn't have gone to the dealer. I don't mind paying someone for the amount of work and effort they put into it if it is necessary but I don't like funding the Ken Garff's CEO's kids college fund on a valve job either.

Hence why I came here. I felt like it was high. For all I know I just need a new spark plug and they wanted to sell me all these non needed repairs. But according to you guys it's not a terrbile price and so I will probably move forward.