Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Accessing ETACS without MUT III

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Default Accessing ETACS without MUT III

Greetings fellow Mitsu drivers!

I have a an alternative for the dealer's MUT III device.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ization-40223/

As Montero/Montero Sport/Triton/Outlander/Lancer all have similar ETACS ECU, Lexia is capable of accessing/changing many of car's settings.

If there are any volunteers in GTA area willing to see what can be changed in these options (some of them are listed on the first message of the mentioned thread), or has some ABS, Airbag or Check Engine Light on, please PM me.

Together we can avoid crazy charges of inexperienced dealerships charging us for any 5 minute ETACS-related operations.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 PM

Woah! You just blew my mind Vadimus! Too bad I'm on the wrong side of Canada...

Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 AM

Wow, I thought no one liked my idea.

I guess all Ontario Monteros are so reliable and perfectly set up so their owners don't need any help

Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 PM

So this will work on my 2012 Lancer?

Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rednek Hoser
So this will work on my 2012 Lancer?
It will if you still have it

Old 10-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Talking Coding procedure without “mut- iii”

Right from the Mitsubishi Fog Light Install documents: CODING PROCEDURE WITHOUT “MUT- III” STEP F-1

NOTE: Operating the column switch in any way not mentioned here during the coding procedure may cancel the coding procedure.

1) Sit on the driver’s seat, close all the doors, turn the ignition switch to the ‘‘OFF’’ position and wait for 5 seconds or longer.

2) Fasten the driver’s and front passenger’s seatbelts (connect the tongues and buckles).

3) Turn the ignition switch to the ‘‘ON’’ position and, within 10 seconds, open and close a door 5 times. Then turn on the fog lamp switch and confirm that the buzzer sounds.

4) After confirming the buzzer, turn on and hold the fog lamp switch in the ON position for 3 seconds. Then the buzzer will sound once and the coding procedure will be completed. If the buzzer sounds twice, the fog lamp is coded ‘‘inactive’’. In such a case, disconnect and reconnect the battery (–) cable once, and then repeat the procedure.

NOTE: If no action is taken for 1 minute after the buzzer sounds, the coding procedure will be cancelled automatically

5) After completing the coding, turn the ignition switch to the ‘‘OFF’’ position. Operating the column switch in any way not mentioned here during the coding procedure may cancel the coding procedure. Note If no action is taken for 1 minute after the buzzer sounds, the coding procedure will be cancelled automatically.
6) Check the operation of the fog lamp. Turning the fog lamp switch upward turns on the fog lamps and turning the switch downward turns them off. The fog lamps should illuminate only when the light switch is in the => position. The fog lamp indicator in the meter panel should also illuminate when the fog lamps illuminate. If the fog lamps do not illuminate, check the harness and connections.

http://www.mitsupartsworld.com/Insta...LANDER_PG1.pdf

Old 06-12-2023, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Kerrigan
Right from the Mitsubishi Fog Light Install documents: CODING PROCEDURE WITHOUT “MUT- III” STEP F-1

NOTE: Operating the column switch in any way not mentioned here during the coding procedure may cancel the coding procedure.

1) Sit on the driver’s seat, close all the doors, turn the ignition switch to the ‘‘OFF’’ position and wait for 5 seconds or longer.

2) Fasten the driver’s and front passenger’s seatbelts (connect the tongues and buckles).

3) Turn the ignition switch to the ‘‘ON’’ position and, within 10 seconds, open and close a door 5 times. Then turn on the fog lamp switch and confirm that the buzzer sounds.

4) After confirming the buzzer, turn on and hold the fog lamp switch in the ON position for 3 seconds. Then the buzzer will sound once and the coding procedure will be completed. If the buzzer sounds twice, the fog lamp is coded ‘‘inactive’’. In such a case, disconnect and reconnect the battery (–) cable once, and then repeat the procedure.

NOTE: If no action is taken for 1 minute after the buzzer sounds, the coding procedure will be cancelled automatically

5) After completing the coding, turn the ignition switch to the ‘‘OFF’’ position. Operating the column switch in any way not mentioned here during the coding procedure may cancel the coding procedure. Note If no action is taken for 1 minute after the buzzer sounds, the coding procedure will be cancelled automatically.
6) Check the operation of the fog lamp. Turning the fog lamp switch upward turns on the fog lamps and turning the switch downward turns them off. The fog lamps should illuminate only when the light switch is in the => position. The fog lamp indicator in the meter panel should also illuminate when the fog lamps illuminate. If the fog lamps do not illuminate, check the harness and connections.

http://www.mitsupartsworld.com/Insta...LANDER_PG1.pdf
Kévin Kerrigan

I'm not able to access tp PG1.pdf, could please poste them again?