Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Dreaded CD flashing light

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 01:21 AM
Default Dreaded CD flashing light

I have an 02 limited montero and I was driving along last week at highway speeds and the orange CD light in the center started flashing.

At first I was a bit afraid so I pulled over and turned the montero off and let it sit and turned it back on. The light did not flash any more. So I drove the rest of highway without an issue.

I checked into a few issues online and everyone recommended trying ew vaccumlines to the clutch cyl which I replaced and the issue seems to have gone away for a bit.

I also tried going into 4wd a bunch using it a bit etc followed all recommendations but still no luck.

Well a few days later and another highway drive and bam it happens again, so I did the same thing and it disappeared again. The next time it came back on about 30 mins later do I stopped turned it off and back on and again light is gone.

I just got home tonight after a long 2 day weekend driving trip and it did it to me every 30 or so minutes I had to pull over and everyone in the car was getting pissed.

On the way back the light issue became more and more frequent to the point it did it every 12-15 miles!!!

I haven't had a chance to check any other issues as I just got home a few hours ago and am tired, but the issue with the light is bugging me since it's started happening more and more frequently.

Is it most commonly just the clutch cyl or sensors which should I replace first?

Can you drive with the light flashing?? Or Will it do damage ?

Thanks all
Jp