Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

montero limited beach driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 06:39 AM
Default montero limited beach driving

I know I should've posted this in the off road section but I figured I would get more responses in here. Just wanna know how these trucks perform in sand and if anyone has taken their rig out on the beach? Im very familiar with driving off road on ohv ramps, lower air pressure, steady acceleration, take a shovel, tow strap, c.b., wood planks. But I have only had the Monty for about a month and will be using it for such purposes in the future. We vacation in the OBX of N.C. i have taken an Xterra, Rover Disco 2 and a 4Runner out there and they did great. Has anyone taken their rig to the Obx or any beach for some beach running? If so how did it perform? Did you have to stick to the OHV ramps or feel confident to venture further off road?

Thanks everyone

Old 05-31-2014, 01:46 PM

With appropriate tires, correct tire pressure and driving technique, these rigs will take you where any of your other vehicles have taken you on the sand.

After all, they do have multiple Dakar wins...talk about sand!

Old 05-31-2014, 03:17 PM

Nice, im thinking about getting some nitto terra grapplers. I have never used them before but I hear decent things. Iwas hoping that the center diff lock would help outt as well and take more places then my past rigs. The xterra had an open diff and lsd in the rear with 4.9 gears it was by far the weakest link and did fine in sand.