Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Searching for the e-number

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Default Searching for the e-number

Hello all, I got a Janapese import 1997 Montero, 2.8L straight 4 cyl. turbo diesel SWB. When I say Japanese import I mean I bought it in Japan and had it shipped to the UK. The e-number means it's suitable for the European market and is only provided in Europe.

Got no problems at all to get it registered on an English licence but now I'm moving to France. To get a certificate of conformacy, which is needed to get it on a French licence, I have to put in the e-number on the requestform which I don't have. Obvious cuz it's an oversees import.

Are there any European owners on this forum who bought one in Europe? If so could you please take a look under the bonnet (hood) and find the e-number for me? It's on a separate metal plate somewhere, usually it's got a black background with white or metal-coloured writing on it. Most obvious places to look for it are the firewall, the area of the left or righthand strutmounts or the crossmember which runs along the radiator. You don't have to get your hands dirty to see it, if you can't find it it's probably not there.

It will not give away the identity of your car cuz the number for the European cars (which are called Pajero out here) are all the same. Not like a VIN or chassisnumber.

Here is an example of how it looks, the number under VOLKSWAGEN AG is the e-number, in this example e1-98-14-0069.

Thanks in advance for any effort.

Last edited by Nick Wood; 12-23-2013 at 01:43 PM.