Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander Remote Start questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Default 2016 Outlander Remote Start questions

I recently purchased a 2016 SEL with Touring package and ordered a factory Remote Start unit that was installed by the dealer.

I had factory installed remote start in my 2014 and have a couple of questions about the unit the dealer installed in my 2016. I seem to remember that on my 2014 that the parking lights came on when remote start was used (nothing on my 2016). Also I tested the remote near the car and heard a long series of loud clicks from the engine area before it started. Just want to make sure it is normal.

I also found a setting in MMCS for "Horn Answerback Sounds at Remote Engine Start". I enabled this and tried remote start- no sounds.

Just trying to make sure that they installed this correctly. My install took 2 days as the tech thought the remote start unit was supposed to unlock the doors. Needless to say my faith in the install isn't great.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:30 AM

Frank,
My remote start was installed at factory.
It does indeed make like 4 or 5 loud clicking noises before the car starts.
The only lights that come on, are the interior dash lights on mine.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by frankc98376
I recently purchased a 2016 SEL with Touring package and ordered a factory Remote Start unit that was installed by the dealer.

I had factory installed remote start in my 2014 and have a couple of questions about the unit the dealer installed in my 2016. I seem to remember that on my 2014 that the parking lights came on when remote start was used (nothing on my 2016). Also I tested the remote near the car and heard a long series of loud clicks from the engine area before it started. Just want to make sure it is normal.

I also found a setting in MMCS for "Horn Answerback Sounds at Remote Engine Start". I enabled this and tried remote start- no sounds.

Just trying to make sure that they installed this correctly. My install took 2 days as the tech thought the remote start unit was supposed to unlock the doors. Needless to say my faith in the install isn't great.
Perhaps it depends which remote vendor the dealer uses. There are 2 that I am aware of that Mitsu dealers use.
Mine has a flash of parking lights. No interior lights. It is a Compustar.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Outlandish1
Perhaps it depends which remote vendor the dealer uses. There are 2 that I am aware of that Mitsu dealers use.
Mine has a flash of parking lights. No interior lights. It is a Compustar.
This one came from Mitsubishi- is the same fob I had with my previous that was factory installed.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:52 PM

I saw the install manual for the OEM starter on the older models anyway and it's just like a single box that plugs into a special spot on what looks like the ETACS computer.. I don't think there's anything for them to really "mess up".

I have an aftermarket remote start on my 2010 and it makes the 5-6 clicking noises before it starts as well... I am pretty sure this is a normal thing when the car is energized.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by frankc98376
This one came from Mitsubishi- is the same fob I had with my previous that was factory installed.
Sorry for the confusion.
Your prior post indicated it was dealer installed.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Default Best remote starter

I just purchased a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander ES yesterday. The car didn't come with a remote starter but I am interested in getting one eventually. The dealer quoted me $399 for the parts and install. And I believe the starter is just your average run of the mill starter, nothing special. I am looking for suggestions on the best remote starter for this vehicle. The car came with one key fob (lock/unlock/panic). The biggest reason for this starter for me is I live in colder weather this time of year and need to defrost my window each morning. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Marenator2000
I just purchased a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander ES yesterday. The car didn't come with a remote starter but I am interested in getting one eventually. The dealer quoted me $399 for the parts and install. And I believe the starter is just your average run of the mill starter, nothing special. I am looking for suggestions on the best remote starter for this vehicle. The car came with one key fob (lock/unlock/panic). The biggest reason for this starter for me is I live in colder weather this time of year and need to defrost my window each morning. Any suggestions? Thank you!
The remote start fob with the Mitsubishi remote start is a separate fob. $399 is a good price- we paid over $500 for it.

We thought about after market but decided to go with factory due because it interacts with the on board computers. We didn't want to take the chance of the Warranty being voided

We are learning that nothing on the Outlander is average run of the mill. Take a look at the windshield replacement thread.