Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth Locked Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Default Bluetooth Locked Issue

I just came back from a business trip and noticed our 07 Outlander XLS Bluetooth hands-free system was locked and asked for a passcode. I don't remember it asking for a passcode before and furthermore don'trecall asking it to be locked.Upon numerous tries of the most typical passwords we use,I was unsucessful in unlocking the system. I hadsucessfully paired both my wife's phone and mine 3 weeks earlier and has worked fine until now. I read the manual and it said that if you forget your passcode you have to see a Mitsubishi dealer to fix it? Are you kidding me? Does anyone out there know of a special reset code or procedure to reset the hands-free passcode? I feel pretty stupid forgetting it, but I really thought I used one of my usual passcodes so I wouldn't forget. Could the bluetooth be malfunctioning?Called the dealer where I bought the car, and the service manager didn't seem toknow right off hand what the problem was.In fact, Although he's a nice guy, he seemed pretty misinformed about the bluetooth system stating that,"It's a subscription and may have run out." I diplomatically straightened him out on that statement and he said he would do some research for an answer. Hopefully someone on this forum can relay some info on the subject.

Thanks,

J.H.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:05 AM
Default RE: Bluetooth Locked Issue

Looks like your going to have to fork out 1500 for a new bluetooth set up. Its not a warranty item either when you do this. HAHA Just kidding.Try going on your cell phone and erasing the set up you have foryour outie on there. Then go into the car and see if it took it completely off and you can repair them. Just tossing the idea out there.On the other hand there are only 1000 different combinations to chose from.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:28 AM

Thanks for the heart attack! Just kidding. I tried going into both phones and checking device history and other areas trying to pull up any info on the pairings. Problem is there is nothing stored on our phones that shows it was ever paired? We have Razor phones by the way.

J.H.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 AM

I have the verizon V phone. The full key board flip open phone deal. I have a option just for bluetooth. It shows that my phone is linked to the outlander. It gives me alot of information and allows me to also delete the pairing. I would assume if you could find this option if you have it that is, I would try to find it and delete it.

Why did you put passwords on it anyway? If someonesteals your car and phone, who cares if theyhave bluetooth at this point lol.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 AM

Our phones are with T-moblile. We must have a different menu than Verizon. All we have is the connections menu that leads into the bluetooth sub menu. About your question, I don't remember everlocking the hands free system....... that's the frustrating part. The only thing we did was pair our phones. I can't remember if it askedme for a passcode during pairing or if it auto generated one? I might try disconnecting the battery tomorrow, but I doubt that will do anything.

J.H.

2007 xls Outlander Awd, Sun & Sound, Luxury, & Nav.
1964 El Camino street/strip350, 4 speed, 12 bolt 4.56 posi

Old 04-03-2007, 05:22 AM

Have your tried password 0000, 1111 or 1234?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:36 AM

When I set mine up it didnt ask for a password. Maybe try the last 4 numbers of your cell phone.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM

not to be redundant, But first, when i set up mine, it asked for no password,
and second, what numbers did you try...
Thirdly, are you sure your wife didnt set the passcode... LOL, no offense, but if you didnt do it, then somebody had to, maybe she did it "accidentally". Try using the "last numbers dialed" menu in your phone, and using the first 4 digits, or the last four... (I know there are only seven, but using what I am saying is like 555-1234, use 5551, or 1234...)
If that doesnt work, try calling that stupid bitch on the handsfree system, a "dirty, ****ing **** ***** bitch"... its pretty funny how she responds to vulgarity... I know I do it often, cause she apparantly doesnt know english at all.
If none of that works, try looking in the manual for the radio passcode, if there is one, and using it.
If none of that works... then I would
[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 04-03-2007, 12:14 PM

Just try erasing your phones in the BT setup, and try to re-pair them again. When it asks for a passcode, you will supply it. The BT setup does not have a default passcode.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:16 PM

PW is usually 0000. If not: Stealership time.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Locked Issue