Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth Locked Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Default Bluetooth passcode lock

i have same problem,
i call 1-888-702-4100(from owner manual) she help me overthe phone, but can't unlock, and derect me to gp dealer. So i go dealer at San Mateo CA. Dealer can't help too, thay ask me to call same number i call and to tell my bt module are equip with 8785A001,
If any one know how pls let me know how to Unlock my blue pass code.
Thanks

Old 04-25-2020, 11:07 PM
Default Succes locked blutooth

So I bought a used 2014 Mitsubishi ASX and the blutooth and voice control was locked, we tried the hang up button a million times but it didn’t work, I ended up figuring out that Mitsubishi have secret screens for advanced settings, I’ll attach the video link but this worked for me.... hope this helps guys

Old 05-04-2021, 04:35 PM
Default ***Fix*** 2017 outlander phev Bluetooth locked

I bought a mitsubishi outlander PHEV 2017 model and I finally figured out how to unlock the passcode on the Bluetooth pairing.
Press and hold the info/set button and the top part of the seek button for 4 seconds and this will then allow you to access the hidden system menu. From there you can access the hands free menu and this will let you choose unlock the passcode.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:10 PM
Default ***Fix*** 2017 outlander phev Bluetooth locked

I bought a mitsubishi outlander PHEV 2017 model and I finally figured out how to unlock the passcode on the Bluetooth pairing.
Press and hold the info/set button and the top part of the seek button for 4 seconds and this will then allow you to access the hidden system menu. From there you can access the hands free menu and this will let you choose unlock the passcode.

Old 02-16-2023, 12:44 AM
Smile 2017 ASX XLS Bluetooth locked passcode locked

Following these instructions allowed me to access the hands free menu and the. I was able to choose unlock the passcode! I highly recommend leaving the passcode as the factory settings people. It saves a lot of time and frustration for the new owners when you sell the car on later. Thanks so much Brian! You saved us a trip to the Mitsubishi dealership! 🥳

Originally Posted by Brian Ború
I bought a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2017 model and I finally figured out how to unlock the passcode on the Bluetooth pairing.

Old 02-21-2023, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bianca91
So I bought a used 2014 Mitsubishi ASX and the blutooth and voice control was locked, we tried the hang up button a million times but it didn’t work, I ended up figuring out that Mitsubishi have secret screens for advanced settings, I’ll attach the video link but this worked for me.... hope this helps guys
https://youtu.be/Z30ePfc4dTg
I have not used bluetooth for a long time because it is the most outdated and unreliable technology, but of course it happens that it is subject to failure. If you are just going to buy a car, it is better to check the vin code and it will show whether there are such defects including. Because many of those who take a used car and do not know what they then have to deal with. I looked at epicvin myself that I take and I, too, on the results of the test were found checks with bluetooth system in Audi, but I as something calmly treated it and still took it, especially since there was a discount and still no bluetooth never tried to use.

Last edited by Sasaki; 02-25-2023 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:29 PM
Default Reset Bluetooth

Originally Posted by fr8dog69
I just came back from a business trip and noticed our 07 Outlander XLS Bluetooth hands-free system was locked and asked for a passcode. I don't remember it asking for a passcode before and furthermore don'trecall asking it to be locked.Upon numerous tries of the most typical passwords we use,I was unsucessful in unlocking the system. I hadsucessfully paired both my wife's phone and mine 3 weeks earlier and has worked fine until now. I read the manual and it said that if you forget your passcode you have to see a Mitsubishi dealer to fix it? Are you kidding me? Does anyone out there know of a special reset code or procedure to reset the hands-free passcode? I feel pretty stupid forgetting it, but I really thought I used one of my usual passcodes so I wouldn't forget. Could the bluetooth be malfunctioning?Called the dealer where I bought the car, and the service manager didn't seem toknow right off hand what the problem was.In fact, Although he's a nice guy, he seemed pretty misinformed about the bluetooth system stating that,"It's a subscription and may have run out." I diplomatically straightened him out on that statement and he said he would do some research for an answer. Hopefully someone on this forum can relay some info on the subject.

Thanks,

J.H.
I bought a used 2015 outlander sport and the previous owner had a passcode that no one could remember, the Mitsubishi dealership said to bring the car in (I did not buy it though a Mitsubishi dealership) and they would reset it for free. So call a Mitsubishi dealership near you