Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth losing pairing with phones, any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Default Bluetooth losing pairing with phones, any thoughts?

Hi My 2007 Outlander has suddenly started to lose its pairing with my cell phones. Have an iphone and a sony phone, and both seem to lose ability to pair with car. Only way I can fix the problem is to "forget" the car on the phone and resync, it finds it every time, resyncs no problem, and then works fine for a few days, sometimes even a few weeks, but then loses the phones again and have to go through the process all over. Have a BMW 328i with Bluetooth, haven't had any issues like this, so don't think it's the phone, and with two phones behaving the same, figure it's something to do with the Outie.

Anyone experience anything simliar, or have any suggestions on what might be happening? Very annoying, to put it mildly!

Thanks in advance on any suggestions you may have!

Dave

Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM

Same thing is happening to mine I have a 07 XLS and it started doing it this year. I have to resync the phone a few time in the last couple months it's frustrating. I will ask the dealer next time I'm in for a oil change to see if there would be a fix or update to be apply to fix this !

Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 AM

I have had the same issue in my 2007 Outie. Mitsu has replaced the Bluetooth unit twice. Now it seems to be working quite nice, at least for the last 5 months.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:07 AM

Same happens with mine, have a Blackberry 8900. Start from scratch connects fine, turn ignition off and next time it never reconnects. manually selecting the phone sometimes connects it, sometimes tells me phone unavailable. Ive given up with it as its so hit and miss. Phone connects to every other bluetooth device i have with no problems.

I also used BMW bluetooth with never a problem.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 AM

i had this problem with my 07 i ended up deleting the phone out of the memory of the outie and deleting the outie out of my iphone then i powered down the iphone for about a min restarted the phone than repaired it to the car and havent had the probelm going on for a month now

Old 02-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Default Same with me

I have a at&t tilt with custom ROM. It used to work ok, they already replaced the bluetooh module one time they said it was some kind of upgrade.
But now a day or few days my phone is not even in the outie phone list. I only pair this phone.
I tried deleting on phone, on outie, nothng seems to keep it pair anymore.

I wonder if i should bring t to the dealer snce I upgrade my radio to a touchscreen dvd/gps. The bluetooth module still there but I don't use it.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 AM

My 07 outlander xls (no nav) has been losing its pairing to my iphone gs at random times. It usually lasts at least a month after repairing, but this week it lost pairing the day after reconnecting. It has been a few days since and so far so good. Idon't recall having issues with my previous iphone and SonyEricsson before that. The phonebook entries remain in the outlander, so not all memory gets lost. It's not out of control acceleration, but it is very annoying.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Another iPhone here not staying connected.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 AM

To add to the excitement: Twice now i've got in the car, and the audio controls are all wonky. the Volume control won't go up, pushing up or down just lowers the audio. And the up/down buttons to change station only turn the radio station up. These are the steering wheel controls by the way. I've also noticed that on occasion when i start the car up, i can't even see the Navi screen, but if i shut it off and start it up again, the screen is nice and bright. Wonder if the who MMCS system is going? is the Bluetoooth built into this, or is it a separate component?

Dave

Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 AM

I couldn't find a common cause to earlier lost phone pairings, because I don't always use my phone in the car and don't know when the pairing first failed. But I have noticed almost every time I go through the car wash a properly paired iPhone is either immediately lost or gone the next day. Does anyone else with lost phone problems notice a link to car wash/heavy rain or am I just grasping?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth losing pairing with phones, any thoughts?