Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:21 AM

First post,
I have read the entire thread from start to finish, and have a few questions that have not bene touched on, firstly, i own 2 Outlanders, both 2015 models, and are the PHEV, Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicle. i know they were not sold in the USA, or Canada, but they are popular in the EU, Australia and Japan.

I am from Australia, and after reading this thread, bought a mini VCI-J2534 Cable, so my question is, is the ETACS decoding software compatible with the PHEV outlander?

2nd is, my second PHEV, is a wrecked vehicle, but of a higher spec than my road going version, with added features, my original car did not have heated seats fitted, although all the hardware and wiring is installed for it, the wrecked car has the heated seats, so i have installed the heated seats in my car, swapped the switch gear into the centre console area, and they light up with the interior lighting, just that the seats dont actually heat up, (yes they did work in the original car) so, am i correct in assuming that its a simple matter of activating the heated seat option in the ETACS?

3rd, are the individual components matched to each VIN number? an example is the Wifi module, my road car does not have the WIfi module fitted or the option of schedule charging in the MMCS, the wreck has this installed, if i take the module from the wreck, and plug it into the existing connection to my road car, will be able to be activated by the ETACS and MMCS in my car? even though the module is removed from another vehicle with a seperate VIN?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Default greetings

Greetings all,
First post here, but not new to ETACS Decoder
I own Lancer EX 1.6L 2015 ( the stupid/poor version of all Lancers )
Now I just want to thank @Vadimus @Earl_Vadim for their wonderful work and dedication if it wasnt for them most of us would have never played with their etacs at all
REALLY appreciated guys, wish you more success and happy life, thanks ALOT

Привет всем,
Первый пост здесь, но не ново для ETACS Decoder
У меня есть Lancer EX 1.6L 2015 (глупый / бедных версии всех улан )
Теперь я просто хочу поблагодарить @Vadimus @Earl_Vadim за их замечательную работу и преданность делу, если он не был для них большинство из нас никогда бы не играл со своими ETACS вообще
Очень ценна ребята, желаю вам больших успехов и счастливой жизни, Большое спасибо

Old 11-30-2016, 12:16 PM

Thank you for your kind words!

Спасибо за добрые слова, Карим!

Old 12-05-2016, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
1. Doubt it. But any $10 BT ELM237 will do the trick. Anyway, try it.
2. Enable it first in Variant settings (Enabled+crash unlock). Once it is done those settings will be enabled.
3. Front fogs: Type B
Not any ELM ... v.1.3 - v1.5 only ... NOT v.2.x!!!

Last version of ED (4.1.8.5) better work with ELM, then previous..

Old 01-06-2017, 12:30 PM

Uploaded new test version 5.0.3.2 of Etacs Decoder...
While J2534 and Lexia supported... Soon ELM327 also...

Attached Thumbnails ETACS options customization-iface.jpg  
Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 AM

Hello everybody...
Albeit belatedly, but the last test release before the 5th working version finally uploaded to forum.

Now, all three types of adapters are supported.
What me could and had time to check on my XL - everything seems to work.
While there is no language selection, which is natural, and have bugs in "comparison of codings".
but it's nothing compared to the world revolution (c) )))))...

the main differences are quite a few, and most of them inside .. but apparently also have

1) is now in the settings you can select which ECUs to be read when connected .. ETACS should always be read, so it is not on the list ... it's a lot of strong will speed up connection
2) If in the course of work still need to connect any block, then just click on the red desired block indicator in the lower right corner, the ED will try to read it and, if successful, will change the indicator to green and open access to work with the unit ( there buttons, bookmarks)
3) handles copy and upload coding string can not be greater. Now if you need to save your line should be generated KON / CUF file in the format for which the MUT. For it separate buttons.
4) every change of coding immediately drawn to the red color in string.
5) No more encode and decode buttons ... just make change and recorde.
6) when you run the ED does not load the database, so running faster
7) in the settings you can select which the adapter to use the default, but if set "Auto", then ED, as before, will interrogate the all adapters ...

The final release will still be changes

1) The languages ​​will be added in the last turn
2) Will be fixed of comparing the two coding
3) the ability to change ECUs-indicators
4) Probably will change the appearance of bookmarks INFO vehicle
5) The description of the DTC will immediately error table rather than in a separate panel, as now

In general, test begin!!!

Attached Thumbnails ETACS options customization-ed5040.jpg  
Old 01-21-2017, 04:56 PM

Hey Everyone.
New to the forum and I'm looking for some help. I tried to disable my tpms with a lexia tool but somehow overwrote the ecu with some default settings and now my 2010 outlander has a bunch of abs asc airbag warnings and service lights etc... lucky thecar still drives. What I want to know is can I fix this on my own with a lexia tool? Can a dealer reprogram the ecu? or is there someone in the toronto area that can help me out? thanks in advance for all the adivce.

Last edited by RobOutlander; 01-21-2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2017, 03:28 AM

WHY??? Why you use Diagbox and NOT READ DB messages? It is result.

OK. Now, open DB folder and find your original coding to DB log files (*.xml).
It coding you can write to ECU via ETACSDECODER ONLY....

Adwise: Use ED, not Diagbox !!!!

Old 02-04-2017, 12:52 AM

In new version 5.0.6.5

Advanced DTC Reading and Clearing... with selecting of ECUs...

AND !!!!

SST Coding
(Read only now... Writting soon..)

Attached Thumbnails ETACS options customization-dtclist-new.jpg   ETACS options customization-sst.jpg  

Last edited by Earl_Vadim; 02-04-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:42 AM

A bit of research led me here. Glad to see this community is active in the greater Mitsu world (have used everything from Uberdata, CROME, EcuFlash, TuneECU, RomRaider etc. in the past and I now own a 2005 Montero Ltd that I merely want to disable TPMS.

I'm hoping there is a possibility that ETACS Decoder might work with that model/year. I currently have an Openport 1.3u (sold my 2.0 a while ago) and an FTDI based cable as well (the generic transparent blue ones all over amazon/ebay).

If neither of those are likely to work I'll pick up one of the mini VTI cables mentioned in the thread. If you don't think it will work on my model/year, anything I can do as far as logs etc. I can provide to possibly add that functionality in the future?

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization