Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Opinions on Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by janarth
We got one last week, se 4wd, great vehicle, I'm in the break -in period, getting some thing like 12.9L/100km btw city & hwy, advertised 6.6 & 8.4, i'm no where close to it???? not sure if it will improve.
Janarth

ouch! I'm sure the winter fuel mix has alot to do with that also.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Duaned
To those that have this vehicle.. What are you getting for your mpg's? Anything close to sticker now?
Too new to tell... I'll try to update you in a week... but I cant promise accuracy with all this snow ice we've been having in the North East.. I did do my fair share of driving today though 30+ miles mostly city... and the guage has move yet...

Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM

An average persons driving style and MPG is typically more aggressive than the manufacturer stated version.

I found out how I could achieve the MPG stated at 25/31 and it was not to my pleasure. My actual MPG at tanks end is around 20. Ouch.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Default No longer considering...

because i bought it!

Name:  NewCar007.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  402.3 KB
Name:  NewCar011.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  288.6 KB

Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Nice Enjoy

Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_M
Trust me, I thought about the whole HP thing with the Sport quite a bit.

In the beginning, the Sport was not even on the platter for me. I was looking at the Land Rover LR3, Infinity FX35, and Porsche Cayenne. I was very close to buying the FX35. These were used vehicles, as I was trying to keep this SUV purchase around $25,000 or so. (I am buying another 4-door car very soon here, so a 2-vehicle price limit had to be met.)

Anyways, as I drove through dealership vehicle lots on a last minute attempt to spot something out, something caught my eye. I had no idea what it was, or where it came from, but the face of the vehicle was staring me down, and I very much liked it. It was the Outlander Sport.

I find the styling of the Lancer Evolution interesting. While I do not agree with the entire flow of lines around the Evo's entire body, I do find a certain inspiration somewhere in its front end. Is it that somehow, a bit of Nissan GT-R DNA fell into that gene pool? If it did, I am glad that those genes leaked over into the Outlander Sport, because a large portion of its styling is what gravitated me towards it. In fact, I believe the word "sport" can say something about a vehicles looks--its lines and curves, its trimmed weight, and not just about its engine power.

Maybe a couple of photos will help you to understand why I feel that the Outlander Sport has a dose of sport in its looks.

GT-R

Evo X

My Outlander Sport

Okay, so maybe the Sport's lines aren't as aggressive as we would like them to be. However, I find the style it has does enough for it to surpass all other vehicles in its class (though the Mazda CX-7 is a good looker). I feel most of those good looks in the Sport come from the very front. It's that grill that I'm talking about; the mouth that looks as if it's gulping any air you can feed its way. The hood lines flowing into the nose, and streaming down into the front corners. I love it!

Even though the vehicle cannot produce horsepower to influence its name, it makes up for that with good looks. So give its engine a break, because I think you will still end up loving the car the more you drive it, and the more you look at it in your driveway.

Twin-turbo Nissan Z.

Nice Z!

Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Soon to be American made!...

I really like the looks and the economy numbers of the Sport.

A couple things I noticed diff than big brother: Cargo takes a pretty good hit. I can currently fit 2 medium plastic dog kennels in my back, and the opening seems smaller..having a tailgate is really a sweet feature..