New RVR(outlander sport) any thoughs/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Default New RVR(outlander sport) any thoughs/opinions

I'm looking into getting a new car, and I love mitsubishi vehicles. My parents have a 2008 outlander with the awd 2.4L drivetrain, and i think its great. Being in Canada, I feel an awd system is a must with the amount of snow we get but i also like the idea of being able to go off-roading. heck the mitsubishi brand is known for its rally cars. Being in my early twenties im not really looking into getting a familiy car, more of a fun daily driver. I love the Lancer especially the sportback and the aftermarket support that comes along with it. With my Job I carry many tools and travel alot so a large truck/suv and a small sedan just arent practical. So I was looking into hatchbacks and cuv's, but they were always missing something,either no awd systems or engine was to large.

Recently walked into the dealership to service my parents outlander and I saw the new RVR. It caught my eye and i quickly went in for a test drive. I have to say man they made this car with my needs in mind. I quickly asked for a test drive. I have to say though I am not happy with the 2.0L engine they decided to equipe the car with. it just doesn't deliver enough power to move the car, and engine was very noisy.

I think they should have equiped the vehicle with the same 2.4L engine as the outlander or with the 2.0L turbo version from the ralliart atleast as an option. I think both would be very practical.

Other than the engine, I really like this car and i think it kind of looks like the audi q5 from the exterior. I am very happy with all the options it comes equiped with and the price tag is very reasonable.

It seems the 2.0L engine is the same as the lancer engine. With this being said I would suspect the add on or swap of the ralliart turbo or even complete engine turbo combo to be a possible mod later on down the road. Sometime around the expiry date of the factory warranty would seem like a good time to tackle such a project.

I Would like to hear your opinion on the RVR and the swap, even more from the lancer and the outlander community as the RVR sits right in between these two vehicle.

Thanks

http://photo.netcarshow.com/Mitsubis...1_photo_05.jpg

Last edited by puronica; 10-05-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM

You could boost the engine but not with direct parts swap from a ralliart. Try a K and N filter and a sprint booster ( throttle by wire mod ) and see if that does it for you in terms of a power bump. Boosting that motor at this point would be a one off turbo kit that you would need to build and source parts for your self! The 4b11 engine that comes in the RVR would probably accept a low level of boost without reliability issues, check into a turbo kit for base model lancer and that might be a better idea then the turbo parts from a ralliart