Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 04:46 AM

If it works, try 12V to CAR BACK with the camera connected.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:07 PM

Thanks for all your help and advice, however, it didn't work.

On my OEM plug pin 3 is blank, the only power I found was on pin 4 and that was continuous.

So, I bought another aftermarket camera, installed it and it works.

I removed the OEM camera and adapted the one I bought to fit on the OEM bracket, it all looks just like factory.

Now to try and get the steering wheel controls working.

A mate of mine owns a dealership and has given me the wiring diagrams for the current model outlander, here they are.

Attached Thumbnails Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-neil-001.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-neil-002.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-neil-003.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-neil-004.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-neil-005.jpg  

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-25-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:10 PM

A couple more

Attached Thumbnails Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-neil-006.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-neil-007.jpg  
Old 11-26-2014, 04:04 PM

So, what did you use for CAR BACK?

Old 11-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sishome
So, what did you use for CAR BACK?
I bought this camera

NEW Waterproof Wide Night Vision CAR Reverse Camera Rear View Parking LED Sensor | eBay

There is a live wire running through the video cable.

You connect one end of the live wire to the reverse light and the other to the Car Back.

I ran a wire to the reverse light and used the ground of the built in demister on the rear window.

The hardest thing is getting at the reverse light wiring. You have to get under the car, undo a few screws then remove three clips and pull the bracket out from the bumper.

Even getting the bulb out is a real hassle as you have to pry the plastic surround apart.

The average Joe would have to go to the dealer just to have the reverse light bulb changed.

You have to remove all the trim on the rear door, you remove the back bit first, then the sides and finally the large cover.

You just need to undo a few screws to remove the OEM camera completely. I then cut the bracket off the aftermarket camera using a dremel. Used double sided tape to fit the camera to the OEM bracket, reinstalled it and good as new.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:40 AM

So it is quite invasive then.

Do you have guidelines on the screen or in the camera?

Old 11-27-2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by sishome
So it is quite invasive then.

Do you have guidelines on the screen or in the camera?
Yes, it's invasive, however, the hard part is accessing the reverse light.

Yes, it has guidelines.

I actually think that the aftermarket camera is much better than the OEM one. The picture is brighter, clearer etc.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:50 AM

I'm not going to participate in worldphoto competition with pictures from my rear camera It shows a picture, it's ok then.
What exactly has guidelines? The camera? Or software? I'm trying to find a software to plot those on the screen. The software question for this headunit is very interesting. I was able to install tomtom today, and it wasn't easy.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:23 PM

The camera has the guidelines.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:26 PM

That's the 3 year warranty out window then.

Quick Reply: Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera