Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Default Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera

Hey All,

I have purchased a half decent after market stereo and have everything working except for the rear camera.

I don't want to (and shouldn't need to) replace the rear camera with the cheaper looking one that came with the stereo and completely re-wire it.

Does anyone have any expierence with this, i have attached an image of a strange looking box which is left with 2 wires, now i think i might need to connect one to a live and one to the reverse wire connected to the canbus decoder but i am not sure.

Thanks
Steve

Old 03-12-2014, 01:13 AM

I will receive my RNS today and will have a closer look at the installation during the weekend.
According to the seller it's plug&play (which I can't really believe, to be honest). However, will have more news on Sunday.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dingsbums
I will receive my RNS today and will have a closer look at the installation during the weekend.
According to the seller it's plug&play (which I can't really believe, to be honest). However, will have more news on Sunday.
It is plug and play, everything works except for the factory rear camera.

When i shift into reverse nothing happens on the screen (just the built in reverse/distance pips)

The seller keeps telling me to put the black wire to the "back" wire and the yellow to ground.

But no good, to make it more difficult his English is very bad and the diagram he sends me is for the cheap aftermarket camera.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:32 AM

I couldn't resist in checking the new radio...

After having removed the OEM I plugged in the new device. Plug, but no play...

The radio powers up and is booting the (Android) system, but that´s all. Allthough IMO properly connected to the OEM harnesses there's one gray connector left with no receptacle on the device or the new harness. This is apparently the same one you connected this "strange looking box" to.
My radio did not come with such a box.

BTW, the OEM mounting brackets do not fit to the new radio case.

Think, I have to contact the seller, too.

As we do have the identical problem, it would be helpfull to share pictures and experiences here.

Attached Thumbnails Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-img_20140312_172630.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-img_20140312_164405.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 03:44 AM

Ah, thats not good, nah i got a WinCE stereo, brackets fit, the lot, latest from seller is the camera should also have worked pnp.

The grey plug top right connects to what your holding, the other two white plugs fit the factory plugs.

Goodluck, will let you know if i resolve it.

Last edited by djorgio; 03-14-2014 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:22 AM

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The harness I have is similar to yours but does not have the blue connector. The canbus box sticker says "Amp Controller - for Lancer" and apparently the box does not switch on the Rockford Fosgate amplifier under the passenger seat.

Attached Thumbnails Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-img_20140314_120815.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-img_20140314_120832.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-_20140314_121248.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 AM

A quick question I forgot to ask: Does your Outlander have the Rockford Fosgate radio with the amplifier installed underneath the passenger seat?

Old 03-16-2014, 03:38 AM

Would you know what's the part number for the dashboard console black gloss faceplate I want to replace mine as its all scratch and swirl marks, due to a thief panel beater took originally mine an replace with a scratched one. When you disconnected the Head unit did you need to have a passcode to activate the head unit??
Name:  IMAG0821_zps5b2f66e9.jpg
Views: 4481
Size:  73.1 KB

Old 03-16-2014, 05:41 AM

No passcode needed after reconnecting the device. With P/N I can not help, mine is a L/H driver.

BTT: Can't get the rear camera and steering wheel controls work, same for the Rockford Fosgate amplifier.
Reason: Seller send wrong canbus box. They will send correct one, then we'll see...

Old 03-17-2014, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dingsbums
A quick question I forgot to ask: Does your Outlander have the Rockford Fosgate radio with the amplifier installed underneath the passenger seat?
Sorry have been away, no i do not have this (had to check)

Quick Reply: Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera