Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Part numbers for Jap Add Ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
From taiwanese Outlanders, I wonder if we could integrate this system in our American Ouites?
Here we have similar system too:
Yada Blind Sport Assist | Canadian Tire
Blind Spot Assist System

Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 AM

Hello anyone here know where I can get this product in North America, specifically Canada.

http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...ase=1&no=20030

Thanks all

Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM

Hi jsrd,

The part# MZ607374 ($500) & part# MZ607372 ($350) (Japanese accessory catalogue, 2011) are sensors for “parking” movements. The first one must be a kit (I assume) that provides the harness, switches, connector and sensors to install the 8-sensors (4-front & 4- rear).

The Outlander GT 2012 will have as an accessory an option called “Accessory Rear Park Assist Sensors” which I assume will be part# MZ607372 ($350) or equivalent. I also assume that this latest part will be offered to be ordered in the USA. Has someone come across this kit or is thinking to install one, instead of contracting the services of a dealer to do the job?

I was ready to order the sensor kit (if I may call it a kit) from Europe with part# MZ313934. However going into the electrical diagram and connector locations in the dash/console area, it appears that the job is not simple. According to the USA supplement electrical manual for the Outlander There is a connector C-137 that is responsible for the corner sensor / back sensor. Equally about 5-inches apart there is a connector C-132 which is the Sonar switch. It must be a Sonar switch connector that bridges connector C-137 with connector C-132. The kit therefore must include the sonar switch (similar to the ASC OFF switch) and a harness to bridge both connectors that may be called Sonar switch connector.

The Outlander GT 2012 most probably will have the harness in the rear bumper which will provide the electrical terminal to the 4-rear sensors. The kit will have this part as well.

Without having in front of me any back up sensors I may assume that the kit is composed of the following: a switch, a switch connector, and 4-sensors as a minimum. I assume that the harness, in the rear bumper, for the side marker lights will have extensions added to accommodate the rear bumper sensor harness.

I would like some one to confirm or refute my statements.

Take note that parts number from japan-parts differs from the Mitsubishi part number. If you enter Mitsubishi part number into japan-part site it will return an error.

Last edited by batman47; 12-16-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:13 PM

The connector C-125 (UK) corner/back sensor has 20-pins. It appears that only 3-wires go to connector C-103 (UK) which is the sonar/buzzer switch. Several wires move toward to connector C-125 and they come from the corner sensor/back sensor-ECU just at the bottom of the steering shaft. Near this unit is also the unit KOS-ECU. The sensor ECU is responsible for converting the DC of the battery into a Pulse Direct Current or PDC. These pulses (voltage pulses) travel all the way under the carpet floor to the rear of the car and the harness is fixed to the rear bumper with fasteners. The terminals of this harness are clicked into the 4-sensors. Because the sensors are digital devices, they require pulsate voltage to operate (i.e. 0s and 1s).

The voltage carried by the wires to the rear of the car varies between 0V-8V (approx 70-80 percent) of the battery 12V. My new 2012 GT Outlander will be without rear fog light functionality and it will not have any harness to implement rear fog light. Because of this my idea was to use 2-sensor terminals and replace them with terminals that connect to filament bulbs that will light when the sonar/buzzer switch, in the driver zone, is pressed on. Is it possible to light a filament bulb with PDC current?

Another approach could be to replace the filament bulbs in the rear side marker lights (centre of the lamp) with LEDs and this may be great because LED work much better with PDC.

My personal opinion is telling me that PDC current will light the filament bulbs at the rear of the car and have rear fog light configuration. However, I am not sure if I am able to use the filament bulbs to light just by using PDC current. If this is possible, the method will be a clean approach to the solution of the implementation of rear fog light in the USA/Canada as a safety measure when the weather is very foggy.

Could someone try to add comments to this approach and confirm feasibility of the approach named above? If it is possible to use the PDC to light the bulbs, then a rear fog light switch will be needed to activate the system.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Default OEM rear bumper step

From my friend Carlos in México, from Japan, this accessory installed in his Outie

Name:  Proteccion1.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  Proteccion3.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  50.6 KB
It's look nice. .

Last edited by jsrd; 04-16-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Are there any performance (on road or off) parts available for the Outlanders?
I'm seeing a lot of cool creature comfort items, but nothing I would consider dropping $$ on (except for the computer read out mod listed in one post).

Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM
yin

Hi Guys,

I am new in this forum. Is it possible to change the climate control of SE model to the one like with the XLS model. I think the one in the SE model looks cheap.

Thanks

Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
From my friend Carlos in México, from Japan, this accessory installed in him Outie

I want to see more of his Outtie... especially the dual exhaust.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tdford
I want to see more of his Outtie... especially the dual exhaust.
Unfortunately he isn't the forum, will be complicated share the details of his mods

Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM

Which motor he got there? motor from the EVO X?

Quick Reply: Part numbers for Jap Add Ons