Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Default Tire recommendations

I'm looking for a new all season set of tires(have a winter set) for my 08 Outlander XLS, for 18" rims. I'm having trouble deciding what to go with. Every review on tirerack is pretty much the same(and useless). eg. one person says these are the best ever, the next person states they caused an accident.

I primarily drive in the city, and do occasional highway trips. I want to go with an all season tire as we never know when we'll get hit with snow here and I don't want to get caught off guard before I can get my winter set on.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 AM

I agree it can be confusing reading customer reviews of tires, but Tirerack also does it's own testing and reviews of many of it's tires so you may want to check that out.

I have the P215/70/16's on my 08 ES and recently replaced them with the BF Goodrich Long Trail Touring tires. They were highly rated by Tirerack and Discount tires. Not sure if they carry them in your size. The General Grabber HTS is also highly rated, but again not sure if they have them in your size.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:35 PM

I am also in the market for new replacement tires for my 2009 Outie ES 4WD and on tirerack there seem to be 4 different Yokohama sets: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...00&tireIndex=0

Yokohama Geolander H/T G033 is the OEM tire and I do not want it.But it looks like there is another variation of Geolander which is actually cheaper than the OEM tire and rated higher (Yokohama Geolander H/T-S G051). I am also kind of confused in the selection process lol

EDIT: It looks like they just increased the price of Yokohama Geolander H/T-S G051 so there goes the cheaper part lol

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; 04-26-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM

i purchased last year the hankook optimo H727 and i must say they blow the doors off any other tire i have ever had. very long warranty and they have great reviews. had no problems with a foot of snow getting in and out of parking spots here in NY this past winter. Best all season tire IMO. Also rated #1 all season budget tire on consumer reports.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
tcp
Default hmm

I have had the same tires on our outlander for the last two weeks. They came on a set of wheels from tirerack, and I've had them balanced three times locally and they still shake. The road force balancing at the last place said they are cheap tires and they couldn't get them perfect. They put the worst two on the back but it still shakes at highway speeds. I think I'll scrap them and buy michelins. The Optimo H727 have been the worst tires I've ever bought.

Originally Posted by cheech
i purchased last year the hankook optimo H727 and i must say they blow the doors off any other tire i have ever had. very long warranty and they have great reviews. had no problems with a foot of snow getting in and out of parking spots here in NY this past winter. Best all season tire IMO. Also rated #1 all season budget tire on consumer reports.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:09 AM

Then I'm sorry to tell ya but you had a bad bunch. It is possible, I have seen nothing but positive reviews on tirerack. And they are highly rated. I had them over a year now and have experienced none of this shaking as your mentioning, and I also went threw a flat with them. I'm sure they left a sour taste in your mouth but the masses say no they are great. I mean think of it this way if u go to restaraunt and always order steak and this time around yours steak tasted funny, your not going to stop eating steak all together right.

Last edited by cheech; 04-27-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM

Funny, I actually decided on the Hankook H727's a few days ago before I read your guys responses tonight. They're going to show up next week and we'll see how they go. I think the shop fed you a bunch of bull tcp. I believe they're a midline tire, quality and price wise.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:15 AM

If you go with Plus Zero size (235-55-18), there is this tire that is getting great reviews. And it looks good. Price is OK.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=235

Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 AM

even at discounttiredirect.com the hankook optimo h727 are rated 5 stars. again the masses say this is a great tire and at a good price.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:48 AM

I've had my H727's on for three days now and I cannot say anything bad about them. They're a quiet, smooth, gripy ride. Hopefully I can say the same in time.

Quick Reply: Tire recommendations