PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Vehicle Stalls - Won't Run After Warmed Up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Default Vehicle Stalls - Won't Run After Warmed Up!

First off -- I have a stock 2003 V6 Eclipse GT.

So far, this is what has transpired through the week from Monday until now Friday.

Switched out the oil a couple weeks ago (just like always).This lastMonday temp gauge suggested my vehicle was running a bit too warm (maybe low on fluids?) Upon checking -- Everything was fine.

Figured the thermostat was weak so replaced it on Tuesday. Took the car for a spin and it started to stall out at stops or if I slowed down too much/fast. Hummmmmmm. Checked under the hood and noticed battery terminals worse for wear.Cleaned and tighted. Took another spin, still stalling out.

Replaced battery terminals. Now the darn thing after fully warmed up won't stay running. Itcuts out once the idle drops (sort of like the fuel got cut off or something). Then it will start right back upand cut out just as quick. No Odors, No Smoke, No Noises, No Warning Lights. I had to ride the break and push the throttle at the same time to pull it up in front of my garage without it cutting out orgoing through the door. ARRGH!! (as I pull my hair out) WTF???

Help!!! Is this a fuel thing? (hopefully Ididn't post to the wrong topic area). Any suggestions?

Thanks Chris

ps: while pondering over what could be the trouble, I cleaned and oiled the air filter.
(which wasn't too dirty by the way).

Old 11-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Vehicle Stalls - Won't Run After Warmed Up!

Did u leave anything disconnected when you were working on it?

Old 11-10-2007, 06:18 AM

I'll have to go out and check once things are more dry.(raining here). I'm starting to think maybe I bumped something accidentally. Thanks for the reply!

Chris

Old 11-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Well I went out and checked all the connections, made sure everything was secure. Then popped my 'clean' air filter in. Idled the car for 10mins than drove it around my property. No stalls. I drove it out and down the road and back, rapping it out real good -- no stalls. Not sure if something was loose or if the small amount of dirt in the air filter caused the trouble? It's running fine now! I drive a lot of dirt roads so if it was the air filter -- guess I'll be cleaning it double time.

Thanks, Chris

Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

sounds to me like maybe you had a bad connection at the MAF sensor