Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 AM

thanks to you I managed to clone a hard disk with mmcs success and for that I thank you all.
Now I tried to update the map, overwriting the files found on ftp://194.88.148.1/ (username: maps pass: mitsubishi)
extract all files to the MMCS 'disk partition containing the maps (overwrite), I insert in mmcs hard disk but will restart again and again. Otaku help me please

Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM

Try reinstall the original files on maps partition, is possibly with this step you can to solve the problem. . .

Old 04-03-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by esawicki
Originally Posted by rcostin
Hi everyone
As you may know, Mitsubishi released a map update DVD available for Europe. Unfortunately, the update works only with a hardware key. Fortunately, there is a method to bypass this if you are willing to take the hdd out of MMCS. You will need:

1. a computer running linux with 45G of free disk
2. a copy of the original DVD

Procedure (long version):
1. unlock the MMCS' hdd as described here (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=25583)
2. copy the files hd1.xxx from DVD to disk
3. rename all hd1.xxx as hd1.xxx.gz
4. decompress all gz files
5. join all resulted files in a single large file (~20G)
6. mount it in linux on a folder (in /mnt for example)
7. attach MMCS' disk to the linux box and copy all files from /mnt to the partition containing the maps (you may overwrite the existing files)
8. turn off the computer and moutn the disk back in MMCS

The short version:
1. download the archive from ftp://194.88.148.1/ (username: maps pass: mitsubishi)
2. extract all files to the MMCS' disk partition containing the maps (overwrite)

NOTES
As usual, you are the only responsible of what you do with your disk and data. If you ruin it, is only your fault.

More to come
Hello esawicki,

This may be a late reply, but do you remember if there is an update also in number of countries covered with this map update?

I don't know my map version right now, it's currently 03:00 am and will check this tomorrow, but what i remember is my map lacks most East-European countries, like Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia, Turkey, Croatia etc.. Are those countries covered on your map? Will appreciate if you can have a check..

Also, the download location does not work :-(
(at least, for now)

Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 PM

Hi all,

Recently discovered the forum, its very nice. I am trying to find maps for my 08 Outlander for Eastern Europe. I found out that NAVTEQ makes the maps, but the local dealer has no update yet. The NAVTEQ site advises to contact the local dealer
So to the point: Anyone know if there are any maps out? Do other brands work? Like BMW maps for MMCS ?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Default unpackfs utility

Could someone be so kind and supply me with unpackfs utilily that works correctly on my 261EM loading.kwi ? I've just managed to port russian version on EU unit but still need some minor customization on tables and screen forms. UnpackFS grabbed from Otaku's site seems to be not working at all, but I read some rumors in this thread about corrected one..

Old 05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Default Question about the dvd

[quote=esawicki;240005]Originally Posted by rcostin
As you may know, Mitsubishi released a map update DVD available for Europe. Unfortunately, the update works only with a hardware key. Fortunately, there is a method to bypass this if you are willing to take the hdd out of MMCS. You will need:

Procedure (long version):
1. unlock the MMCS' hdd as described here (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=25583)
2. copy the files hd1.xxx from DVD to disk
3. rename all hd1.xxx as hd1.xxx.gz
4. decompress all gz files
5. join all resulted files in a single large file (~20G)
6. mount it in linux on a folder (in /mnt for example)
7. attach MMCS' disk to the linux box and copy all files from /mnt to the partition containing the maps (you may overwrite the existing files)
8. turn off the computer and moutn the disk back in MMCS

The short version:
1. download the archive from ftp://194.88.148.1/ (username: maps pass: mitsubishi)
2. extract all files to the MMCS' disk partition containing the maps (overwrite)

I was trying to make a backup of a DVD nav disk and found that it is possible MMCS to do the update with the maps without hardware key.
All the above are not tested.
-Make an iso image of the one you download from ftp://194.88.148.1/ (username: maps pass: mitsubishi) and then burn using Nero with the booktype set to DVDROM to a DVD+R disk.
Your burner must be able to set the DVD bookmark to DVDROM. (LG)
You can't do it on a DVD+RW disk on any burner for some reason, only DVD+R disks and in our case DVD+R DL because of the size.
To tell Nero to set it to DVDROM, you select RECORDER from the toolbar and then select CHOOSE RECORDER from the pull down menu.
When the window comes up and you select your drive, at the bottom left hand corner of the dialog window you will see OPTIONS>>. select this and it expands the window.
If your drive can set the booktype, you will see a selection box on the lower left, where you can choose DVDROM as the booktype. Select it and choose OK to close the dialog window. If it is not there your drive does not support setting booktype.
Then all you need to do is burn your ISO image to the DVD.
During the burn Nero sets the booktype.
Try it and lets hope that it will load without hardware key.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Cool Info about mmcs

Everybody knows about the SET+ NAVI buttons.

While you are on that secret menu press SET+MENU for a while and you will see a knew secret menu.The are a lot of interesting stuff .
Mileage indication/setting- GPS settings /information Fan cspeed rotation Plus a menu(picture indication position) that has a button RSES that i dont understand .

Oh and MENU+INFO makes a reboot.

More to come.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Default FTP access

Hello Friends,

I got a new MMCS for my Pajero and looking at updating its maps...
I tried to log in to download maps from the ftp, i succeed to log in but once i try to download, I got disconnected.. please advise...

Regards

Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 AM

same here... we dont have permissions to dl files.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ilias34
Everybody knows about the SET+ NAVI buttons.

While you are on that secret menu press SET+MENU for a while and you will see a knew secret menu.The are a lot of interesting stuff .
Mileage indication/setting- GPS settings /information Fan cspeed rotation Plus a menu(picture indication position) that has a button RSES that i dont understand .

Oh and MENU+INFO makes a reboot.

More to come.
Congratulations. Wait a more

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS