Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:52 AM
Default new mmcs

do you have closer photos bizzlex ?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:49 AM

i believe u can see a closer picture there http://www.flickr.com/photos/crgphot...7618222632435/

no idea though what system that new mmcs is.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:49 PM

thats the 1 !!

thanks for the post Oper8r

thats the new one with no HD

Old 06-19-2009, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the link. it looks like there is a mic or a light sensor on the down right side.. wondering why the Japanese makes of it a secret project. Can't download mp3, can't load other maps, no online support, no offline support as well...

Old 06-22-2009, 04:36 AM
Default can't view picture links

Sorry about the dum question, but can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? I click on the img links in from the How to unlock message but I can't see the pic's. A new window opens with all the forum sections to which I can not select anything.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 AM

You aren't doing anything wrong, simply many pics and links disappeared/broken when the forum updated to a new software version...

Old 07-06-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by rcostin
I can send you a clone image from my disk (Outlander '07 Europe). The operation needs an extra ATA notebook disk, not SATA (just to be sure you don't screw yours with incompatible data).
Disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes, restore that new disk from clone, put it inside MMCS, reconnect battery, restart the unit and see if everything is ok. If you are satisfied, overwrite the original disk (is a little bit more special that an ordinary notebook disk - automotive grade - so in real life you should use that one) and use it. If don't, put the original hard drive back as it was before.

ATTENTION
After placing a disk inside MMCS, it will be locked with the same pass. To use it further, you need to unlock it.

PS
To unlock the DVD there are 2 ways:
1. Rewrite firmware in DVD player itself (not MMCS but the DVD)
2. Trick the MMCS' operating system to fool the player that the disk is the correct region (kind of AnyDVD for PC)

Both are a little (more) difficult to implement

Regards,
Costin

Hello can you send it also to me?

Old 07-07-2009, 02:51 AM

RCostin lost me on that quote?? i did not understand exactly what he meant.
anyway..

has anybody succeeded unlocking the mmcs on the australian version??

Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 AM

Well after three trips to the dealership and two different units they finally fixed my MMCS. They replaced the whole unit screen and all just to fix that hard drive. I guess they can't just order a hard drive with the OS loaded on it from Mitsubishi. I'm not sure if I have the guts to try it again being as it took a month for them to get it fixed and the fact that this is my wifes car and I had to listen to that crap for a month. Good thing I didnt tell her I did it . Thanks for all your help guys.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 AM

Good new jhyatt1271 . as for me, I received my unit with missing 2 cables: the DVD audio cable from the Rockford amp to the unit and the 7 pins cable that connects to the wire responsible for checking the speed and the Gero so that my sound system increases the volume as I speed up.
Do you know if there is a possibility to order it online or if the dealer can ship it over?

Thanks

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS