1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

1990 eclipse/talon performance help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Default 1990 eclipse/talon performance help please

Sorry about the length and being patient might as well get it out in one post instead of multiple posts.
Pretty much what I am looking for is I was wondering what are some of the top brands to look for? Cuz I am rebuilding the motor entirely and well I am not going to be cheap about it. Im not to terribly worried about the pricing either I figure I'll probably be spending roughly 5 grand on the block alone to be able for it to handle power 500hp+. As I pretty much stated I want to build to at least 500hp+ and am going to do everything correctly the first time or at least try to. I will be having the block bored out to either .020 or .040 not sure yet cuz I dont completely understand what that means if someone could help educate me on that it would be greatly appreciated. I will even be doing new connecting rods and pistons obviously but I want top quality parts, something that will last, you know I want fast and reliable not cheap and fast since I cant have all three lol. I mean I already have a list of what I need and what I think I might need. But I need direction on brands that I should look into and stay away from. and maybe some good sites would be of extreme help. I have only found buschur and mach v for sites that are worth going to. Like I know my brother has the same car and done some of this so far but not to the extreme that I am. Like I know he has bored out the motor to .020 already, put in wiesco pistons crower 272 cams ( I think ) new intake/exaust manifolds and exhaust thats it but idk what brands wasnt around when he did the research and purchasing. But like how good are crower and wiesco? So far I see mostly HKS, crower, and buschur. But are there any other brands I should look into? What are some good sites? Any help is appreciated! Sorry about the length and being patient.
Seth