1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

1g help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:10 AM
Default RE: 1g help please

So it is on the back of the block? Can u help me pin point it out?

No I still have not been able to get the car to start.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: patsevo8

dude, 1g get walking crank. why would you think that they don't? did you know that toyato supras, mr2 and a few nissans also get walking cranks? probably not. i've been doing imports long before i could drive.
but anyways, back to the situation. have you been able to get the car started?
hes not saying they dont crankwalk, hes just sayin that the turbo is more likely to crankwalk than the N/A

Old 07-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Banned

6 bolts dont get crankwalk

Old 07-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Sebba

6 bolts dont get crankwalk
hey has a 7-bolt [:@]. Its a 94.

But anyway. Just as a simple solution (because sometimes thats all it is) and this is just a hunch because i got this problem and couldnt figure out what it was. Check your battery connection and see if you have some bad corrosion or a bad terminal. Because i had the problem and it sounds like you have a power issue because when you turn your PS is taking some power and you said thats when it stalled. This might not even be the problem but its something to check

Old 07-31-2006, 06:25 PM

Thanks for all the help. I will check the corrosion on the battery cables. Sorry to say this, but in the chiltons book, it only shows the crankshaft in the 95-newer models. The cam/crank position sensor are the same thing. I am also going to change the fuel pump tonight. Any advice on doing this? I am going to buy new spark plug wires also and install my junkyard TPS. Hope to hear some more comments.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:16 PM

dude, 1g get walking crank. why would you think that they don't? did you know that toyato supras, mr2 and a few nissans also get walking cranks? probably not. i've been doing imports long before i could drive.
Okay maybe I need to make my self a bit clearer. This is not a problem thats caused by crank walk. If crank walking were the problem in this case it would have failed mechanically and would have just stoped working all togather, not run and stall or even turn over for that matter. The car will still run/start with crank walk, unless it threw a rod. Thats why I asked if you were serious.

I know his car is a 7 bolt, and I know that every 7 bolt has the possiblity of walking the crank. But crank walk is cause mostly by heavy abuse on the bottom end. I know this is a race car but the non turbo 4g63 has different cams and lacks a turbo that its brother 7 bolt does, so his motor dosent see nearly as much compression as the 4g63t. The chances of that motor walking are 1 in a million... litterlay. Further more, not all 7 bolts walk, many stock 7 bolts have been dynoed making some where in the nebighorhood of 400hp with out any walking issues. In light of that I cant see this non turbo 4g63 making some 160hp(?) walking... unless it been deprived of oil

Old 08-01-2006, 02:59 AM

When it stalls, check for injector pulse while cranking. If there's none, you likely have a bad computer. The Capacitors tend to leak electrolyte all over the PC board causing erratic behavior. Super common in the 1G

Joel, CA

Old 08-10-2006, 12:08 AM

Hear is the update. Changed the fuel pump, spark plugs, plug wires (ACCEL 8MM), and O2 sensor. took it racing on saturday night. At first it would not stay running, stall after running for 5 min. So, we advanced the crankshaft sensor. It stayed running, but when I went into the corners, it would cut out like it was sloshing fuel away from the pump because when I got on the straightaways it was mad fast. Any ideas?

i was also told it was my baffel in the fuel tank. That it was busted and moving the fuel away from the pump. Just got done checking the fuel cell and baffel is not busted.

Please need ideas or input as soon as possible.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:17 AM

you could have a rare case of walking crank in your 1g

Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 AM

what is crank walking???

Quick Reply: 1g help please