1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

91 GS-T

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Default 91 GS-T

I will soon have a 91 GS-T in my possession. It is all stock and I believe the only thing wrong with it is that it idles really high. The current owner says that it is the idle motor or whatever. But I am just wondering what the first couple mods should that I should buy. I was thinking an intake, Boost controller, Boost Guage...just the beginner things. I'm not looking to mod it into a real racer yet. But I was wondering what brand of intake I should get. I was looking at Dejon but I wasn't sure if they are reliable. Does anyone know? Anyone had any experience with them?

That is the first question I would like answered, the second is if Dejon isn't reliable, would an Injen CAI be reliable? or just a short ram?

Old 12-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Default RE: 91 GS-T

Theres this thing above all of the other posts in this eclipse forum.... it says gst/gsx... um, ya its got all the answers your looking for.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:11 AM

personaly i would go injen or aem.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:35 PM

I already checked the GST/GSX thing...no where did it say if Dejon was reliable. Thats why I asked. So has anyone used their products?

Old 12-01-2005, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

personaly i would go injen or aem.
i dont think AEM even makes intakes for the turbo cars ? i really like Dejon Tool im running there race FMIC n ive had nothing but good results n awsome customer service from them. but you have to think what you wanan do withthecar in the future turbo upgrade stuff like that. i started with all bolt ons n had awsome results. i did dejon too upper n lower ICP, type s bov . a K&N filter kit to go with the Dejon tool intake, i did ngk plugs n nology wires n apexi N1 down pipe n catback, B&M short throw n exeddy clutch kit, if n when you upgrade your clutch DONT get an aggresive one. anything you can do to keep stress off the motor the loger it will last, atleast you have a 1g so crank walk isnt a prob n those motors stock are stout as hell. a buddy of mine had an act2100 n cracked 2 bellhousings n 1 block. he now has a shep tranny tho. UR pullies would be a good choice too. just do your research on your parts

Old 12-01-2005, 06:59 PM

first off, you can't put a CAI on a turbo'ed car. you put an intake on a turboed car. YES THEY ARE DIFFERENT. whether Dejon is a good company, i don't know, but Injen is a great company.

you are now getting a turboed car. things that you could do to you n/a car, you cannot do to your turboed car. one is putting on a CAI. an intake for a turboed car is alot like a short ram for a n/a car. its just a real short tube with a cone filter.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:20 AM

a. fix your idle problem and make sure your car is in tip top shape (all general maintainence) before modding

b. an intake pipe is just metal, there arent any reliability issues with any brands, i dont think they will break on you

c. you dont need an intake pipe, the stock snorkel is not very restrictive and actually has advantages ( if you ever suck up a little water or some dirt, it will get trapped in the crevices and not go into your motor) I still use the stock one and my cars still getting faster.

Just buy a filter/adapter as your first mod thats all you need for the intake. and have fun

Old 12-02-2005, 07:21 AM

and make sure its a k&n filter