1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

94 eclipse gs need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Default 94 eclipse gs need help

hey guys i just got a 94 eclipse gs and it has a 1.8 5 speed fwd
1 does this car come with a factory body kit
2 where could i find a 2.4 dohc off a gs-t
3 what should i do to it first
any help would be appreciated

Old 01-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 94 eclipse gs need help

Please reaserch before you ask questions because alot of these dont make sense.

1. body kit is just bumpers and side skirts. And people usually refer to body kits as the ones that are different than stock i guess you could say. So really it doesnt make much sense your question. It comes stock with a whatever bumpers it has. But i wouldnt geta body kit for it since most 1g kits look horrid.

2. The GS-t came with a 2.0L turbo engine not a 2.4 and if you do plan on doing that swap your gonna need a new engine and ecu and wiring. Your better off getting the 2.0l non turbo engine from a 1990-1994 eclipse/talon/laser because it will be an easier swap to do.

3. First things you can do is the normal starting points of most cars. exhaust, intake.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:15 AM

thanks for that info. i saw another 94 a few days ago and it doesnt have the same look mine does so im guessing i have a body kit on mine id post a pic but i dont have any that are small enough.
and with the 2.0 would i have less turbo lag than with the 1.8 that i have now and what turbo would you reccomend for the 2.0
any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

well it really depends on what kinda power your looking for or what your goal is. You probably will have a small bit more lag with a 1.8 but i dont think it would be all that much since i dont think you would end up getting a turbo tha would have alot anyway. If your looking to just get alittle more power and stay simple with it then go with the stock 1g turbo (14b) since it will be easily done. But if you want alittle more power then i think a 16g would be the best bet cuz that can also mount in there very easily

Old 01-27-2007, 07:35 PM

thanks but for future reference i dont know alot about engine terminology so if you could put it in how many psi a turbo can put out and what would be the best engine and turbo setup that will give me the best improvement for my car i will try to post some pictures of my car and engine bay so you guys can get an idea of what im workin with and what else i can do to my car to squeeze the most power out of the engine you guys would think would give me the besthp with the engine and improvements and any experence you guys have would be appreciated
a few things i want are the engine to stay 4 cylender and to be as inexpensive as possable i would like to get about 350 horse from this caragain any personal experence would be greatly appreciated
thanks guys

Old 01-28-2007, 01:37 PM

First take an english class, then worry about your car.

I could barely understand what the **** you were saying.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:15 PM

well i can help out with the body kit thing, i think..... if it looks like mine or like these
http://www.grounddynamics.com/Merchant/92-94MEDZF.JPG
http://www.speedstash.com/kits/92-94...e/blitz_ss.jpg
then after market body kit... if its like this
http://www.grahamtodd.com/photos/94eclipse.jpg
then its the stock kit...

but its hard to help out when i dont know what yours looks like. post a pic asap

Old 01-28-2007, 07:23 PM

ya the kit is stock it is exactly the same as the stock where can i find replacement pieces for it i need a new driver side side skirt front piece
and i would like help with info on what i should do to my car to make it about 350 hp if its possable with a 4 cyl
thanks

Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 PM

o its possible... the record for the 4g63t is like 980hp or something like that... im not to experienced with hp cuz right now i dont have much.. lol.... but hopefully someone here will reply cuz they will know what the best and smartest things to start with are..

Old 02-08-2007, 12:25 AM

shep is way over 980, even rau is way over 1000

Quick Reply: 94 eclipse gs need help