1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

clutch problem need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Default clutch problem need help asap

hey guys ive got another doosie for you. its been a while sence ive posted and you guys might not remember me but i have a 94 gs with a 420a engine. ivehad a blown engine transmition problems and now i have another problem i need help with. my clutch pedal is stuck half way down and i have no pressure in the lines. ive replaced the master cylinder and the slave cylinder half of the line (the medal one that connects the to the slave cylinder) twice and now i dont know what to do. ive spent more than what the cars worth on it and its still biting me in the ***. any help would be greatly appreciated. i will be checking in every day to see what ideas you guys can give me. just tell me any little detail you guys can think up that could help me solve this problem without resorting to drastic measures(that is replacing the entire transmition with a new one) i really dont have a whole lot of money so anything you guys can think of to help me with this would ( as i said) greatly appreciated.

thanks alot
nate

Old 08-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Default RE: clutch problem need help asap

you just replaced the line? i think thats what you meant....
i would be under the assumption that your master cylinder is bad if its stuck half way down and you cant get any fluid to pump through.
i didnt think they put the 420a in till 95 2nd gen... you should have a 4g63 NT.
i also though the 420a manual trans had a cable clutch.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:05 AM

well the engine has been replaced its a 1.8 nt and its had a manual conversion done to it its a 94 gs and its hydraulic ive replaced the master and slave cylinder and now i dont know what the hell im gana do. im not too savvy when it comes to terminology i just thought a 420a was a 1.8 sohc nt i just want to know what i could do to get it fixed without spending a hellish amount of money

Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 AM

1.8 is a 4g37, similar bottom end to the 4g63 somewhat, 420a is the 95+NT and neon 2.0L
if you replaced all that and your having the same problem your next step is to look at the clutch fork, pivot ball, and throwout bearing.
try bleeding it out some more. pump it up 10x then hold it and have someone open the bleeder. sometimes you gotta pump the hell out of a clutch to get anything to even start to happen. i had almost 2 days of dickin around gettin the clutch bled out in my talon. other cars theyre good in 5 mnutes or less. being stuck half way kinda makes me wonder. there is an adjustment on the rod under the dashyou might have to mess with.
the transmission itselfshouldnt be the issuse.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:43 AM

thanks for the help ill try it in the morning and see if itll work thanks for the info

Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 PM

my brother told me today that i need a new clutch kit the clutch release fork is loose i can move it by hand about an inch. he has a few friends that are certified mechanics and they are saing the same thing he is. the clutch has over 80000 miles on it and im guessing its way over due for replacement. im going to replace it this weekend and see if it solves the problem and from what im being told it will.

any other opinions on this issue will be appreciated
nate

Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 AM

i thought you said you did the clutch already....
pulling the trans sounds like a good place to start.
i bet you got a problem with either the throwout bearing or the fork and pivot ball is worn or broke off.
normally they will move quite a bit with the slave cyl off.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:33 PM

ive just replaced the cylinders and the lines i havent torn off the trannie yet and the movement is with the slave cylinder on.
thanks for the info i will reply to this subject either tuesday or wednesday to tell you if the problem was fixed or not
thanks
nate

Old 08-30-2007, 05:10 PM

well i figured out the problem after i replaced every single part i could without replacing the entire trannie
there was a single nutthat attaches the clutch peddle with the master cylinder that was loose i tightened it and it worked like a charm i dont know why i didnt check it earlyer but i did figure out that i needed to replace the clutch and pressure platesmine was far past what usually constitutes replacing it
thanks for all the help

Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM

my 420a manual is a hydro clutch

Quick Reply: clutch problem need help asap