1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

gt35r

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Default RE: gt35r

Cool, I don't mean to offend or disrespect. I just see a lot folks wanting more for less and cutting back on the more necessary items like in the fuel system. So, props for going at it full steam[sm=smiley20.gif] and [sm=signs003.gif]

Oh and I agree with the SAFC and a full build. Might as well go AEM EMS, although, there's a handful of folks running fully built motors with DSMLink.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: paintballproam

IMO its expensive. But it has a life time warenty and from what i know about your build, your gonna push that car to the max. So if you have the cash, BUY IT. Otherwise go with a DNP manifold.($450)
price wont be so much an issue for this. my dad works with garret and some other turbo companies and will be able to get woody a deal on the manifold so the price should be a lot less

Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 AM

ORIGINAL: estraw

ORIGINAL: paintballproam

IMO its expensive. But it has a life time warenty and from what i know about your build, your gonna push that car to the max. So if you have the cash, BUY IT. Otherwise go with a DNP manifold.($450)
price wont be so much an issue for this. my dad works with garret and some other turbo companies and will be able to get woody a deal on the manifold so the price should be a lot less
Hook me up with some toys..... Come on what can he do for my VIII

Old 11-13-2006, 12:34 AM

i dunno man, he is into the diesel end of the automotive world. Garret is actually one of his company's competetors but he could probably get manufacturer's pricing on it. i kinda had to ask him like 20 times before he agreed to try to get woody discounted parts. so i dunno how well that would work out for you

Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 AM

well heres what i got for the car as of now

buschur stage 3 block
buschur stage 3 head metal head gasket
arp throughout the whole motor
hks 272 intake and exhaust cams
balance shaft elimiator kit
greddy timing belt
aeromotive AFPR
walboro 255

all that stuff costed me aroung 5500 6000 so far so i mine as well go all the way. im not sure on the injector but i am deffinantly going the SAFC-II route. i already had a full auto timer on the car.

i got a question. if i go with an EMS i wont need the greddy profec-b spec II boost controller i got right? or do i need it.

and what should be the next couple things that i should get for my gsx?

Old 11-13-2006, 01:29 AM

DEF dont use the SAFCII as a long term tuning devise go with the AEM EMS. I dont think the EMS has boost controll it is a Tunable ECU full standalone And it is the best tuning devise you can get but you need Heavy tuning to run it well and you need to pay big money on getting it tuned

Old 11-13-2006, 01:30 AM

Is this going to be a track only car? Are you trying to make this a street car?

Old 11-13-2006, 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Is this going to be a track only car? Are you trying to make this a street car?
Not to speek for him but I think he intends to make a 10sec street driven car

Old 11-13-2006, 04:55 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Cool, I don't mean to offend or disrespect. I just see a lot folks wanting more for less and cutting back on the more necessary items like in the fuel system. So, props for going at it full steam[sm=smiley20.gif] and [sm=signs003.gif]

Oh and I agree with the SAFC and a full build. Might as well go AEM EMS, although, there's a handful of folks running fully built motors with DSMLink.
I am one of those folks. I have a FP high compression 2.3 stroker being tuned by DSMLink. Don't get me wrong AEM is a great system, but for a non track only car I think Link can handle it and easier to use.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:21 AM

I agree. I like DSMLink, I don't know what I'd do without it really. I'm not really sure why everyone wants to go with a full stand alone like AEM with a built motor. They are awesome if you can find someone to pay to tune it for you. The guy that did my conversion used AEM EMS and he sold it because it was a PITA to tune. It's great having control over your entire system, but do you know what the sensor parameters are? All of them? Well, if not, they do have classes you can take to help you tune.
IMHO, that's a lot of crap to go through to have a street car running. It's a different story if you have an always WOT car though.
My vote goes towards DSMLink over the SAFCII (don't forget to get a GM MAF+T to help tune if you go with the SAFC and larger than 660cc injectors) and over AEM.
Just my view

Quick Reply: gt35r