1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

gt35r

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Default RE: gt35r

AEM EMS will make more power in the end and be as safe as you can get if its tuned properly.

On the EVOs with a reflash or SAFCII you gain ~30WHP on a completely stock car with the tune only, But on the EMS they gain a little over 100HP on a completely stock EVO. More controll more fine tuning better running car plus you lose the MAF which is something when your running 10s your dont want restriting your car even though there are plenty of people do.

DSMlink is very good but I stand by the EMS I have seen to many good things come from it. Only down fall is tuning takes a while on a dyno. BUT in his case here he is going all out on the motor and everything why not go all out on tuning the car?? Just pay for someone to dyno tune the car then call it a day

Old 11-13-2006, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

AEM EMS will make more power in the end and be as safe as you can get if its tuned properly.

On the EVOs with a reflash or SAFCII you gain ~30WHP on a completely stock car with the tune only, But on the EMS they gain a little over 100HP on a completely stock EVO. More controll more fine tuning better running car plus you lose the MAF which is something when your running 10s your dont want restriting your car even though there are plenty of people do.

DSMlink is very good but I stand by the EMS I have seen to many good things come from it. Only down fall is tuning takes a while on a dyno. BUT in his case here he is going all out on the motor and everything why not go all out on tuning the car?? Just pay for someone to dyno tune the car then call it a day
I can agree with that. Here's an issue that he may hit though. Not all tuning shops can afford to send their folks to class to learn that AEM EMS system and how to tune different vehicles with it. Then there's that whole "would you trust that guy anyway?" thinking. It's not the tuner's car, why does he care if it's not 100%. He already got paid for being there, plus he's hungry and it's time for lunch. There's a guy here on the island with an EVO IX, a GT35R and EMS, he has no clue what he's doing with EMS. His tune is worse than crap. The only thing he has going for him is that GT35R. AMS, is most likely pretty irritated by that customer because he calls them all the time.
I not saying that Estraw is a big dummy at all, I will ask how much experience he has on tuning with something other than a SAFC.
My point with DSMLink is that it's fairly simple yet it controls a complex computer. It doesn't trick the computer with values, you just change them to what they need to be...you change the computer's value. It's not a stand alone, but it sure is damn close and without the headaches or downtime. For a street car, I'll stand by DSMLink as I'm sure you'll stand by EMS and agree to disagree.....Odd that the OP still wants to do the whole SAFCII thing though, lol.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM

Just pay for someone to dyno tune the car then call it a day
dude, with all the money hes spent with buschur they ought to dyno this beast for free

Old 11-13-2006, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Is this going to be a track only car? Are you trying to make this a street car?
Not to speek for him but I think he intends to make a 10sec street driven car
your right mike, thats what i want it to be. but ive always had it in the back of my mind of getting the ems or link. i have a lot of other things i want to figure out but since im settling on the 35r ill get it. and eric there is a lot more people who have spent more than 5000 with them, ive seen reciepts tacked on the wall for around 7000, and thats just for one visit. i ment i wasnt going to SAFC route if anybody caught that.the tuning guy at buschur i think i really good, i think hes got a low 10 street evo and david from buschur has a full interior running 9's, oh and it still has a/c.

can i run 10's with 500awhp? if not, around how much?
what size injectors should i get?
should i use alky injection?

Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM

i thought you wanted a fp3065?

Old 11-14-2006, 12:21 AM

i did but if i can get a killer deal on a 35r, ill get the 35 instead

Old 11-14-2006, 12:44 AM

I can agree with that. Here's an issue that he may hit though. Not all tuning shops can afford to send their folks to class to learn that AEM EMS system and how to tune different vehicles with it. Then there's that whole "would you trust that guy anyway?" thinking. It's not the tuner's car, why does he care if it's not 100%. He already got paid for being there, plus he's hungry and it's time for lunch. There's a guy here on the island with an EVO IX, a GT35R and EMS, he has no clue what he's doing with EMS. His tune is worse than crap. The only thing he has going for him is that GT35R. AMS, is most likely pretty irritated by that customer because he calls them all the time.
I not saying that Estraw is a big dummy at all, I will ask how much experience he has on tuning with something other than a SAFC.
My point with DSMLink is that it's fairly simple yet it controls a complex computer. It doesn't trick the computer with values, you just change them to what they need to be...you change the computer's value. It's not a stand alone, but it sure is damn close and without the headaches or downtime. For a street car, I'll stand by DSMLink as I'm sure you'll stand by EMS and agree to disagree.....Odd that the OP still wants to do the whole SAFCII thing though, lol.
I agree however he live local to buschur who has TONS of AEM EMS under there belts and not only that you can always get some of the good tuners to fly in and on group tuning days.... that happens a handful of times a year in most areas.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:30 AM

when did i ever say that i knew how to tune a car?? i have absolutely no experience in that field. i did say that buschur is closeby and i am more than sure they have some experienced tuners there

Old 11-14-2006, 03:07 AM

You or I, didn't say you knew how to tune nor I didn't say that you didn't, I only posed the question....
If you want to pay someone to tune for you, then by all means go for it. My point is that you don't need a standalone for what you're having done to your motor...as TX97GST can and has agreed with. Your main concern with tuning is your air and fuel mixture. The SAFC I and II run out of range once you go past 660cc injectors, DSMLink...well, I know it can handle up to 1000cc(? more maybe?). If you have larger than that it's past being a daily driven street car. There's a difference between a high power daily driver and a track car driven on the street.
I'm not telling you that one is better than the other, just letting you know that EMS is not your final solution to engine management.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:56 AM

DSMlink will still have some retrictions that the EMS will eliminate thoguh.... The EMS is the more expensive way to go but I think itis the right thing to do.... Once it is tuned properly the car will be set and it will be making alot of power. The 35r in the EVo world is well into the 600AWHP relm on built 2.0Ls and some guys have teken them into the high 9's with the tuning of and EMS along side it.

I am pretty sure the EMS has a tuning mode where you tell it your target AFR and as the car goes through the RPMs the fuel maps get auto adjusted ya can actually watch the entire fuel map change acourdingly and that is a run it store the setting and your pretty much good with your AFR. Timing becomes more of a tuning consern with a full standalone.

NESpeeds RX7 has a APEXi Power FC and he has this feature his car runs decent on the AFR tune alone but you can tell it is held back big time without the timing changed. AFR also depends on the gas he will be rinning if it is mostly 93 pump well he will have to make sacrifices in the AFR unless he does go with a alky kit or finds somewhere with higher octane fuel for a good price

Either sytem will get the job done... either system is gonna cost money to tune 100%. I just say if your going all out on the rest of the car just do the same with the stand alone switch to map sensors rather than MAS\MAF have potencial for more power to be tuned out of the car. I am sure bushur racing can take care of dyno tuning right in there shop and if the car is gonna be there all the time for parts might as well go with them to tune. I know Bushurs EVO ran like high 8s with a 42r EMS and all the goodies and dyno'd over 900AWHP so they are plenty capibly of gettin the most safe HP out of the car for whatever your use will be

Quick Reply: gt35r