1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

injectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Default injectors

ok guys, ive been looking at getting new injectors when taxes come in. ive been looking around and seen different kinds, like precision disc style,ball style, and precision ball style. anybody know whats the difference and what kind should i get.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Default RE: injectors

forget precision, pte, and fic, they are all crap. they have shower head style sprayers. densos and rc engineering have pintels that atomize the fuel better. not only that, but the deadtime on the pte/fics are very long, making it very hard to tune if you cant control deadtime ( like with dsmlink or emanage) if all you have is an safc, get densos or rc. they may be a little more expensive, but its worth it. i had pte 680s and they were a bitch to tune with. once i found a set of used denso 660s for $200 i bought em in a heartbeat and my car runs so much better. fyi, the stock 450s are denso brand as well.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:08 AM

thanks a lot, i was gonna get this when i do my taxes. do you think the package worth it. but just not use the injectors it comes with and go and buy some denso's.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...cat=269&page=1

but since i already have the fuel pump. should i gust buy the safcII and the injectors seperately since i wont use the injectors and fuel pump that come in that kit.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:50 AM

what size injectors do you want? roadrace sells brand new rc 550s for only $290 which is a great deal. densos go for like $440 new which is a lot, but like i said if you look around, you can find em used for $200ish. i try to find deals personally, like i bought my safc used too for $150. that kits a prety good deal, but the injectors suck and you already have a pump so id look around and pass on it.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:52 AM

first questions is that, how many pounds of boost will the stock internals hold? second, im wondering what size I should get because i want to up the boost and not blow up the motor. im planning on buying the safc.

i made a list of parts that are on my car.

intake, 16G turbo, ported head w/ 100 miles on it. boost gauge, boost controller, fuel pump, turbo back exhaust w/o the cat.

im still running 12 pounds because i dont want to up the boost early and blow $tuff up. im guessing that i should go with al least 550 injectors?

Old 02-03-2006, 05:39 PM

AT LEAST 550s, id say 660s though, 550s are only good for around 19-20psi and 720s are too big for an safc is you want to ever run race gas. im running 22psi on my 16g right now with 660s and 16g, probably enough because anything higher wont be eficient on a 16g. but ive seen stock bottom ends hold up to 26-28psi, doesnt mean its always possible, but if you know how to tune and your engine isnt on the verge of breaking it can handle it. By the way, unless you have arp hardware holding your head on i wouldnt go past 22psi, the head has a tendancy to lift off the block an you could blow the gasket on stock bolts.

And as for now, its good you are being cautious, but you can run that 16g up to 15-16lbs on stock fuel it can take it.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:29 PM

thanks, so your saying that its posible for me to run 15 psi. no problem. and i should go with denso 660's and get an safc. and i should be able to settle around 20 psi?

and what will i have to do with the safc if i run race gas??

Old 02-04-2006, 04:39 PM

To run high boost on dsms, you need to run them very rich. Since you are cramming so much air into your cylinders, you need to drown your engine in fuel as well to keep it from knocking. But the reality is, the less gas you use per given amount of air, the more power you make. This is where race gas comes in. Since it has a higher octane rating, you need less of it per amount of air and it will still keep it from knocking. the thing about race gas is, most people think you just dump it in, up the boost, and go, but that wont do much. When you use race gas, you use the safc to lean it out even more, and thats when you start making crazy power. A 16g on race gas is one of the most fun turbo experiences. Tons of power and almost no lag. But since you have to lean it out even more thats why I say if you are only tuning with an safc, dont get 720s because you wont be able to lean it out enough. You can only lean an safc out -50%. The 720s alone will be leaned out around -45%, so when you dump racegas in you cant lean it out much mroe and then it wont make much of a difference.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:55 PM

whats the difference between the safc and the safcII?

an that i should get the 660's and an afc and well go from there?

Old 02-05-2006, 04:44 AM

safc is the old fashioned 5 knobber. safcII and safcII ver 2 ar the blue face ones. it doesnt matter if you get the old one or new one, as long as its the blue face, they both have the same features that matter.

This is what you do:
Buy an SAFC and a data logger(id say get a palm logger) search on ebay or pocketlogger.com
Research on how to tune, read about how your ecu works,how the safc works, and learn all this before you get the injectors.
Remember trying to tune without knowing what you are doing is by far the easiest way to blow your motor.

1g's have it easy because you can tune for no knock. 2gs cant see knock, so we go by timing curve. Have fun

Quick Reply: injectors