1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

TURBO

Old 04-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Default TURBO

Is this all i need to put a turbo on my 2.0 laser non-turbo ?
turbo,intercooler,manifold,and a turbo ecu. is that all i need ? if not what else do i need or do you recomend me getting?

Old 04-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Default RE: TURBO

if you are looking for just something that will sustain turbo pressure than you need to bore the block, forged pistons, rods, and bearings. that will hold the pressure of an turbo but if you are really looking for max HP than you will have to look into replacing the internals of the Head, 3 angle vavle job, and a few other things that the more experienced guys will tell you about i'm sure.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:11 PM

all together how much do you think it will cost?

Old 04-06-2006, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

if you are looking for just something that will sustain turbo pressure than you need to bore the block, forged pistons, rods, and bearings. that will hold the pressure of an turbo but if you are really looking for max HP than you will have to look into replacing the internals of the Head, 3 angle vavle job, and a few other things that the more experienced guys will tell you about i'm sure.
ok wait forget this stuff above.

You have a 4G63 N\T I think? and to run any type of PSI you need injectors fuel pump, FPR, a tune(or turbo ECU with a piggy back to tune it) full exhaust ect ect then the motor build up depending how much power you were looking for

Old 04-06-2006, 06:22 PM

my bad i thought that all of the eclipses, lasers, and talons that were N/T all had the 420a. i'll just shut my mouth and leave it to the pros from now on lol

Old 04-06-2006, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

my bad i thought that all of the eclipses, lasers, and talons that were N/T all had the 420a. i'll just shut my mouth and leave it to the pros from now on lol
well from 95-99 all eclipse N\A were 420as and 95-98 talons were. For 1Gs the eclipse talon and laser has the 4G63 N\A and a 1.8L N\A (lasers were only 1Gs and then they were done)

Old 04-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

All right now down to the nitty gritty. I did quite a bit of research on this topic as I was planning on doing the same. I actually purchased quite a bit of the gear necessary to do the conversion. You will need the turbo itself, exhaust manifold, IC and piping, oil lines, if you don't feel comfortable drilling and inserting a bung in the oil pan then you'll need the oil pan as well. Also the injectors and FPR. (I bought the whole fuel rail), the turbo itself, the turbo ECU (or piggyback FMS), intake piping, BOV or BPV, you'll also need larger valves and a head job or get a head for a 4G63T. I have much of this stuff as I said. I have even gone so far as to buy pistons and rods though from my research the head is the only real difference in the turbo block. I still have the stuff I bought (Turbo needing rebuild, fuel rail with FPR and injectors, and oil lines to the turbo, and the pistons and rods) and am selling them all if you're interested.

That gives you a basic list of what you'll have to shop for. E-Bay is your friend in this area. That or local junkyards if they ever get turbo models in.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:41 AM

how much are you looking to get for all of that? also what turbo is it?

Old 04-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure exactly what turbo it is. Honestly you MAY be better off on the turbo itself finding one on e-bay. I just looked at it again (I haven't messed with it in over a year) and it's got extreme shaft play. As for everything else... Let me know if you want the pistons/rods. (Rods are good pistons you may want to replace. I was planning on replacing the pistons anyways thus the reason I picked them up). Fuel rail and injectors I'm asking $90 for. I think I paid something like $110 shipped for that one... I'm not looking to get everything back that I paid cuz I know it's probably not going to happen. The lines I'd give you for $30 shipped. I cleaned them up when I got them. They aren't shiney or anything but they flow good (Ran pipecleaners through with cleaner). I think there's like 1 line that I haven't picked up (You'll have to look in the book it'll tell you what it is but the rest are there.) Like I said the turbo itself I don't think I would be really comfortable selling you as it's likely going to need a rebuild and I wouldn't sell someone something in that shape unless they REALLY wanted to do the rebuild on it (rebuild kit I priced for it was around $80 by itself so it might just be a better idea to get a new turbo anyways).