2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

"Good Kills"

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Default "Good Kills"

Man![:-] I was just over at the Street/Strip forum , i.e. "Any good kills lately" and readin' thru...

you guys are nuts[8D]

DT

Old 12-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Default RE: "Good Kills"

hehe, I never heard a turbo scream then blow-off,
I'll bet it sounds neat []

Old 12-16-2004, 08:56 PM

ill take the bein nuts part as a complement, lol........

Old 12-16-2004, 09:13 PM

It's def a great sound. One of the best turbo sounds I've heard though was from a clip I had a while back of a fox body stang with a 347 stroker and twin turbos. Man those things over the sound the the V8 crankin was so awsome

Old 12-17-2004, 09:53 AM

yea, "nuts" was compliment.

We around the Pittsburgh area don't see many modded import subcompacts, nor teenage car groupies, nor can anyone find any place (safe-enough) to really let their car scream.
Too many hills, curves, merging traffic, etc. A friend just informed me that all of the action really occurs out west.

Kinda is really neat hearin' about it though.

You guys stay safe ya hear! DT

Old 12-17-2004, 02:41 PM

Is that thread dead? I don't think anyone's postd on it for a while... Anyways, There's always action in the Import scene! But us DSMer's wouldn't really call ourselves(am i still included???) teenage car groupies......we'll save those comments for the "justin timberlake wanna-be's" honda crowd.....

DT(cool nick-name, too) I think the only thing better than hearing a turbo spooling is hearing a V8 sing to 8000rpm. The only V8 i've heard at 8000rpm was an older ferrari 355 at a car show, but the owner was kinda...weird. I did meet this guy with a 300zx(older 80's style) that had an Infinti 4.5l v8 swapped in.....at it's 6500 rev-limit, that was a song. I dunno....they can really sound cool....

Old 12-18-2004, 09:05 AM

But us DSMer's wouldn't really call ourselves(am i still included???) teenage car groupies... ...we'll save those comments for the "justin timberlake wanna-be's" honda crowd.... .
hehehethats funny. I didn't mean you guys were like some DSM boys band, [:-] I just meant that they do exist (although I guess mainly Honda'ers) and this sorta reminds me of when I was in HS, (like during late 70's -gas crunch, polution control, 350 V8's with no power and 8mpg[:'(] but we lov'd em) a bunch of kids be'in cool w/their cars.

Geeeeez! Today around my parts this dosn't happen at all. All the young drivers around here are well satified with whatever crap they get.[:-] yea and I mean crap.

Then this stuff breaks and you crawl uner it and like ewwwww! [:@] Did you ever see 4 guys (who are normal w/ mechanix) try'in to get a serpentine belt off a Buick Century, its like WTF!?!?[:@]

I dunno, I guess maybe its just aggravatin' that none of this hi tech American junk is worth its own trouble, or whatever[:'(] y-know like I can't get all into the super wonderfullness of sophistication that the GM boys created because I gotta life y-know?

(Maybe if the engineers at GM would say....GET MARRIED!!! then they would prolly quit think'in up these useless excursions in old-fart-trip-to- therapy-car-engineering-nightmares !!!!!!)

Sorry,[:-] I gotta stop typ'in now DT

Old 12-19-2004, 04:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Dans Talon

Then this stuff breaks and you crawl uner it and like ewwwww! [:@] Did you ever see 4 guys (who are normal w/ mechanix) try'in to get a serpentine belt off a Buick Century, its like WTF!?!?[:@]

I dunno, I guess maybe its just aggravatin' that none of this hi tech American junk is worth its own trouble, or whatever[:'(] y-know like I can't get all into the super wonderfullness of sophistication that the GM boys created because I gotta life y-know?

(Maybe if the engineers at GM would say....GET MARRIED!!! then they would prolly quit think'in up these useless excursions in old-fart-trip-to- therapy-car-engineering-nightmares !!!!!!)

Sorry,[:-] I gotta stop typ'in now DT
LOL, I would hate to see them do a 60k Timing Belt change and all the accesories.

I understand what you are saying though, sort of. I am 25 and have built myself a pretty nice FWD (oxymoron, haha) that puts out some descent power. There are groupies in the car scene, but most are not car specific. They hang out together and do stupid stuff that get them introuble. Never met a "groupie" that wasn't in it for the trouble, LOL.

You have any questions on the DSM subject hit me up on AIM. I can answer a few.